Conversation Between BigBlueOx and FlaresideJack
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. BigBlueOx
    03-07-2010 07:30 AM - permalink
    My tires have worn pretty well in my opinion.
    If you want to get the most out of your tires then make sure all your front end parts are tight and aligned. And rotate them a lot. By a lot I'm mean about every 5000 miles.
  2. FlaresideJack
    03-06-2010 06:05 PM - permalink
    Thanks a lot. From what you told me, I have made my decision to get that same lift for my truck. I have the 4.9 and 5 speed manual tranny also and if you
    didn't have to re- gear for 33'S then I hopefully
    can stick with the stock 3.55 for my truck with my 35's. How have your tires worn since you've had the lift any quicker than you'd expect? Sorry for all of the questions I am trying to find out as much as possible so I can do things right with my truck.
  3. BigBlueOx
    03-06-2010 06:58 AM - permalink
    No I didn't have any drivetrain problems but when I put the second lift in I did a small overhaul on the truck. I replaced; tie rod ends, drag link, camber bushins, axle joints, u joints, ball joints (with the extreame camber bushings), shocks, wheel bearings, and suspension bushings. So it was prettry tight when I got done and steers great.
    I have 33" tires and no I did not regear. Still at factory 3:55's
    I bought the front springs, radius arms, and lift brackets from "Jack It" and that was 7 years ago so I can't remember what I paid for it.
    Yes I put in the Quad shock at the same time.
    I think I got 'em all.
  4. FlaresideJack
    03-05-2010 11:19 PM - permalink
    A few more questions. where did you get the lift and for how much if you don't mind me askin and do you have quad front shocks on your truck
  5. FlaresideJack
    03-05-2010 01:32 PM - permalink
    Thanks alot for the info. Did you have any drivetrain troubles after you installed the sj lift. and i think you might have mentioned it on your page but did you re-gear your truck for larger tires and if so what size and what gears. Also how was the steering after the lift, any problems.thanks again
  6. BigBlueOx
    03-05-2010 08:55 AM - permalink
    Well Im glad to hear that your not cheaping out on the lift. I had a Rough Country lift in my truck before the Skyjacker and it was......well CRAP! I was constantly tightening bolts and the truck was all over the road sometimes. When I got the SJ lift I could see how much better it was built with more brackets to spread the weight out more and a far superior design. I only have the front SJ lift and I made what I have in the back. So to answer your questions it got a little bit worse fuel milage. Probably 2 mpg I think and it rode a lot better than my first lift and it's been in there for 7 years and I haven't had to tighten a single bolt. The factory springs were kind of soft so the lift springs made it ride better in my opinion. I like my trucks to be a little stiff. I don't like the floaty feel. Overall I think you will be very pleased with the outcome.
    Steve
  7. FlaresideJack
    03-04-2010 11:38 PM - permalink
    I have a 1993 f150 4x4 with a 4.9l and 3.55 gears in it. right now it has 31" tires but im planning on buying a 6inch skyjacker lift kit the same as the one you have i believe and putting the 35x12.5 bfg km2's i bought on it. what do you think about the lift. how does it ride and how was your fuel economy before and after your lift. thanks