Conversation Between F-100CustomCabTBC and 58cdn100
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. F-100CustomCabTBC
    08-14-2012 09:34 PM - permalink
    Hello I got your comment.

Sounds like you are going to make quite the project out of your '58 huh. I am going factory stock with mine. For me the speed will not be a problem. I don't even drive my everyday Mits. Galant freeway speeds. I honestly think I am the slowest driver on the road and I am only 23 hahaha I will probably be driving slower yet once I get my truck back on the road.

Do you mean that there are issues and that is why "it is a bear to drive" and "hard to park". Or do you just want power steering ect. I'm not putting any power options on my truck, I enjoyed driving it for the short period I did some 6 years ago now with no power steering or brakes. At that time my truck was burning almost as much oil as gas. In a 50 mile trip I was down atleast 1 quart of oil LOL
  2. 58cdn100
    08-10-2009 12:14 PM - permalink
    I also have a 58 F-100 in ver good condition except for the running gear which is very tired. It's a bear to drive at 50MPH and even harder to park, so I am considering putting a 03 crown vic IFS and a 90's cougar 5.0 engine, tranny, and IRS. Hopefully it will make an enjoyable drive that can be taken on long trips. Any comment? Thanks, Rick