Conversation Between jk080 and jdog771
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. jk080
    03-23-2016 09:19 PM - permalink
    The fact that it shifted into neutral tell us the shift solenoids worked but the internal components can't hold. The loss of third and forth would indicate a failure with the direct drum inside the transmission, the loss of just forth would indicate a problem with the band.
  2. jdog771
    03-23-2016 11:47 AM - permalink
    i had the code read and its p0740. i went and got a new tcc solenoid and checked the harness that runs along the passenger side of the truck and it wasnt burnt nor did it have any damage so yesterday i replaced the shift solenoids and the hard plastic wire harness and it still does the same thing. there was no metal shavings or debris in the pan when i took the pan off and the fluid is not burnt. i dont know if a seal or o-ring in the valve body might be bad but im not convinced that the trans is toast
  3. jdog771
    03-23-2016 11:47 AM - permalink
    hi im hoping im not bothering you but ive been researching for 2 days and im not sure where to go next. when my truck shifts into 3rd it hits neutral and i have to push the O/D button to turn the O/D off and i can drive in 2nd. it started off when it would go to shift to 3rd i would have to let off the throttle and let the rpms come down and then it would engage and be fine until i stopped and then i would have to do it over again until one day i left a stop light and it quit going into 3rd all together. the O/D light does not come on or flash only the service engine light does.