Conversation Between dcaddi2 and 03250sil
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 03250sil
    04-23-2009 09:42 PM - permalink
    can only send a 1000 character message,
    i know a great deal more now than in november and would like to go back in time and esplan what i want done including cleaning all the exsposed surfaces and parts removed to do the job. i asked both shops to find the oil leak beyond doing other work. the leak is small and i don't loose a noticible amount of oil between changes. small leaks lead to larger ones in the future. how about the gaskets for the rocker carrier bottom? i'm guessing the valve cover is the top. i'm checking 6.0 bible.
    03 250 6.0 xlt 4x4 cc lwb stock
  2. 03250sil
    04-23-2009 09:41 PM - permalink
    thanks for the info.
    i can see the back top of motor and feel around from under the truck up to the y pipe. i see under heat shield where back of hpop sits and no oil trail hear. i took front pipes off and lifted wire harness behind oil filter to clean the valley the best i can. the visible valve covers don't look like they are leaking but i can't see under new egr cooler from a november repair and just had a different shop reset lower turbo oil drain tube perfectly because the egr cooler repair tech didn't set it completely in before and the oil leak was worse. the ipc sensor was replaced as well this month.
    03 250 6.0 xlt 4x4 cc lwb stock