Conversation Between camodown and i eat hybrids
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. camodown
    01-19-2011 02:58 PM - permalink
    That is before the front bumper

As you can see, I actually have built a 'control' panel out of diamond plate Al and removed the 'factory' Go Light controller and made my own mount. The Go Light I have is hard wired, not wireless. I don't like remote only ones, and dont' need a remote and base control. It also just so happens the permanent mount wired basic dash control Go Light is also the least expensive haha.
    If there are any particular pictures let me know!
  2. camodown
    01-19-2011 02:58 PM - permalink
    Matt,
    With the spot lens it is bright, but is a very focused beam. It uses a replaceable bulb, whereas the flood is a glass fixture with non replaceable bulb. I was not blown away by it, but in HID I am sure it would do well. The spot reaches out beyond high beams, but is focused. Price becomes a limiting factor though; hence the Lightforce lights on the grill. I felt they would be a nice addition with the Golight rather than put all my money into just the remote control light. I notice when it is really cold, it goes into protect mode and won't rotate very well, but when it warms up it is fine... Let me know if you can see pictures here. I'll try to post them here
  3. i eat hybrids
    01-18-2011 12:37 AM - permalink
    Thanks for the link!! Is the light bright??

The go light and headache or backrack is the mod ive been wantin to do for a while. That dash panel display looks like a neat feature. Whats the difference between the spot and the flood lense? Also if youd like to send more pics, pertic pics from the side!

Thanks,
    Matt
  4. camodown
  5. camodown
    01-17-2011 11:42 PM - permalink
    Hey, thanks for the reps. I chose the no nonsense approach for outfitting my truck and while many don't like it, it gets the job done and looks good. Practicality first. The rack is actually custom made for the oilfield so it isn't an actual name brand; any welder/fabricator can take care of you. If you need any more pics let me know! Oh, and as far as the Go Light, you can get two lenses. Spot or flood. I have the spot. If I have to do it over, I would get the Go Light that has the in dash panel with position display Magnalight has them..

Take care