Conversation Between NW 150 and 9.ford.5
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. NW 150
    02-11-2010 09:04 AM - permalink
    alright so just a little work to the exhaust side then? sounds good. i figure some decent work to the intake side since people have said they arent good when it comes to bringin in air
  2. 9.ford.5
    02-10-2010 10:56 PM - permalink
    backpressure = bad if theres too much of it

velocity = good

the two are often confused...thats why 3" pipes are not good, loose the velocity, but the tiny stock ones create backpressure, and so do the ,muffler and cat (s)...you need a good free flowing setup that will hold the exhaust velocity, good headers and Y-pipe (s) and downpipes are what help the velocity...along with decent size tubing
  3. NW 150
    02-10-2010 08:30 AM - permalink
    yea i dont know if i wanna do anything to the exhaust side though, since still want backpressure?

any idea how much all that would cost? couple hundred? i hope thats all

btw anyting i do wont be until spring time lol. so exhaust, head work, flywheel and clutch assembly, rear end locker, and the electric fan, all from working at pizza hut and $150 every two weeks! LMAO! oh yea, lifters too! aha
  4. 9.ford.5
    02-09-2010 11:03 PM - permalink
    i dont see a problem with that

all that should net you some pretty nice power too, let me know how it feels after haha...bet that will make some great improvments, that stock head sucks
  5. NW 150
    02-09-2010 07:25 PM - permalink
    hey question about P&P the head for the 300. can i get p&p done, zero deck or shave the bottom or whatever its called, 3-angle valve job, and new stem seals and it not affect my computer? i cant have that check engine light come on ha
  6. 9.ford.5
    01-25-2010 08:22 PM - permalink
    see im pretty sure with MAF thats nothing to worry about...as i said...MAF (Mass Aif Flow) as the name says it reads the air flow before the throttle body right off the intake tube, thats that sensor you have...by reading the air flow it knows how much fuel to inject...with SD (Speed Density) it reads the intake air temp and compares that to a table it has programmed into the computer, i gets the air temp then pretty much guesses the amount of air and again guestimates the proper fuel amount...as more power is made more air is needed and once the numbers go off that stupid little chart that cant be modified in any way (yet) then the ECU goes nuts and self destructs...
  7. NW 150
    01-25-2010 07:00 AM - permalink
    cam? oh i kinda gave up on that one cause i couldnt find one that i could get that was computer compatible lol
  8. 9.ford.5
    01-24-2010 10:28 PM - permalink
    your 96 is MAF...it should be able to handle all the power you can throw at it (figuratively speaking) is the 95 and earlier SD systems that can only handle 15%...its all in the way they read the air intake...

pretty much all internal mods, .010 overbore, comp cam 260H, 9.5:1 C.R., P&P the head, port match, bigger valves, metal timing gears, better ingintion system, better exhaust, 12* BTDC timing, and probably some other things im forgetting
  9. NW 150
    01-24-2010 10:17 PM - permalink
    i ahve a 96 and im told that mine cant handle more than 15% more power.? but what are you gonna do to make that power?
  10. 9.ford.5
    01-24-2010 10:13 PM - permalink
    if i can find a 96 ill pull the MAF setup out of that for mine then i wanna do a good rebuild and put some power to the ground...on the damn speed density setup i can only go about 15% upgrade in horse power then the computer starts to freak and bad things happen...not a problem with the MAF, so providing i find that, im gonna build it up to push 200-250 horse and id like to see 300 lb-ft of torque