1. 12engine
    12-18-2009 11:02 PM - permalink
    yeah it is.
  2. tiny1
    12-18-2009 10:23 PM - permalink
    So it is the same there as here.
  3. 12engine
    12-18-2009 10:15 PM - permalink
    nice. here its top 3 (chief, deputy chief, and asst, deputy chief) can run red and white lights and a siren. everybody else has just blue lights.
  4. tiny1
    12-18-2009 10:01 PM - permalink
    Here only chief's can run sirens but I leave the speaker in and all of the wiring. I have it setup so that I can install the siren which is department owned and the mobile radio in about 30 minutes. With the grill lights it is just a matter disconnecting the supply wire from the battery.
  5. 12engine
    12-18-2009 09:42 PM - permalink
    thats pretty cool. same here for light rules. I have 2 blue strobes in the grille, 1 dash strobe, and 2 clear strobes in the taillights. (well, 1 for now, gotta get a new bulb haha). I just have a 4 plug power supply. all my stuff is Whelen. not a bad set-up, I get noticed, but dont look like a lightwagon when I get caught at a red light... whats kinda funny is the dashlight moves more traffic than the grilles. sirens definetly move traffic.
  6. tiny1
    12-18-2009 09:21 PM - permalink
    Brian, it moves traffic real good. The guy that I got it from modified the filters that go on the rotators with a slot running from side to side. This allows me to have a red/clear combination which I am able to run as a chief. Normally here in NY, the volleys run a blue light which is what that setup is. I also have a pair of halogen grill lights that are sitting on the fiberglass grill support and they are hooked up to a flash controller that has 7 patterns to it. The grill lights are both red. I figure that if the lights do not get them moving, then the 100 watt siren and speaker that is mounted behind the grill/bumper will get it moving