Conversation Between white Buffalo and MPannell
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. white Buffalo
    05-24-2016 02:22 PM - permalink
    Sorry to take so long to reply! I don't see these messages pop up unless I actively look for them. Definitely get your tunes adjusted. When I first got my chip from Tony back in 2005 or 2006 I had to have a couple of the tunes adjusted for the same reason. It's pretty common to have to do a bit of tweaking depending on the setup. For the EGT's, are you saying the higher HP tunes have lower EGT's. The best way to see how each tune acts is by monitoring EGT's (as you are), boost, EBP and Fuel Inj Pulse width(FIPW). The tow tunes usually don't have as high a FIPW (not over 3 ms). What are you using to monitor and what paramaters do you currently monitor?
  2. MPannell
    05-20-2016 07:35 AM - permalink
    I've had Tony's tunes for years, I have a woods stage 1 trans, I had Tony put in Stock, economy, daily, street, tow, heavy tow... In the stock & tow setting the trans shifts perfectly.. In daily, street the trans shift late and very firm. And will actually downshift when I let off the go pedal, also the EGT's seem to be lower in these two tunes, is this normal? Wouldn't the tow tunes be less aggressive and run cooler? I emailed him and his response was (the shift pressures can be changed!! I'm happy towing in the dedicated tunes, but the more aggressive tunes seem to do better power wise! I never towed in these setting because my trailer is approx 11k loaded... Truck is running great now with the bellowed up pipes and rebuilding the turbo, so I wanna be able to use all the tunes, I've always just gone with the tow tune because the trans is so much better...
  3. white Buffalo
    05-18-2016 08:08 PM - permalink
    Sure thing! Been running them for 11 years.......
  4. MPannell
    05-17-2016 08:24 PM - permalink
    I wanted to see if I could ask you a few questions about Tony's tuning?