Conversation Between ford4her and 75F350
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. ford4her
    01-01-2010 04:03 AM - permalink
    Want to learn how to work on my own Truck myself . Really hate having to ask my guy to check out MY Truck ! Do you know of any instructional classes or ?? where a girl could learn some stuff 'bout her Truck ?
  2. 75F350
    03-26-2009 01:49 PM - permalink
    OK sure, lets see if I can help you out here. Do you know what a radius arm is? This is a link that connects the frame to the front axle.
    On the end that connects to the frame, is a large round rubber bushing. While this one is not causing your problem, inspecting these periodically is not a bad idea.
    Next is the bushing that is between the radius arm and the axle itself. These are called "C" bushings, because of their shape.
    Next inspect the coil spring itself, and make sure that it is not bent, or does not look like the other side. If it is leaning, it may have become weak, and both may need replacement.
    Carefull inspections of everything might provide you with the solution to your problem.
    Perhaps if you take some pics of your ride, I can help you with your inspection. Nice resolution pics of the suspension components would be best.
    You can e-mail me if you wish.
    erendon1@verizon.net
  3. ford4her
    03-26-2009 12:04 PM - permalink
    Regarding my"leaning tower of Ford" (79f150 4x4) , I was wondering if you have a diagram or photo of the areas you advised me to inspect ? Cuz, I have no-clue what I'm doing ,or what I'm looking at, ..Thanks