Conversation Between subford and Conybman
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. subford
    08-30-2014 11:01 PM - permalink
    What kind of pin, male or female, what size and type of pin and where do I buy 1 to push into pin #2?
    I just got a C205 engine side plug from a salvage yard and any of the pins in that plug will work.

If I buy 3 bosch relays to make my own trailer controls,
    Three?? The two extra relays are for trailer backup lamps & battery charge for the trailer.

Do I have to remove the in engine comp fuse box to get wires from the 30 amp fuse o the relay and for the other relays? No. The plugs for the small relay box should be just laying on the inter fender with a dummy plug in the ends.

Is pushing in a pin to #2 of 205 the only thing I need to do to make the trailer barked work?
    Yes it is.

email me and I will send you some diagrams and photos.
    subford@gmail.com
  2. Conybman
    08-26-2014 12:48 AM - permalink
    Have 95 f150 4x4 w 5.0, swapping in ca model 5.8 MAf, I have the 7 pin connector on the back of my truck for back up lights and brakes.
    I know I have to run a wire to connector 205 pin #2 to run the brakes.

Questions I have are these. I am a journeyman wireman and mechanic so reading diagrams and rewiring is not an issue!

What kind of pin, male or female, what size and type of pin and where do I buy 1 to push into pin #2?

If I buy 3 bosch relays to make my own trailer controls,

Do I have to remove the in engine comp fuse box to get wires from the 30 amp fuse o the relay and for the other relays?

Is pushing in a pin to #2 of 205 the only thing I need to do to make the trailer barked work? I know I need a jumper from the under dash to the controller.

As said connections already made to factory trailer wiring at the rear. But no backup lites ( which is next).