Conversation Between MoJoWales and cbzdel
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. MoJoWales
    05-03-2012 05:49 PM - permalink
    I took the plunge this January and I can relate to TRYING to keep my wife happy. The lift kit sitting on a pallet in my garage probably marked the official end of the honeymoon period. My wife is really not into vehicles that much but she thought the upgrade mirrors looked "solid and worth the money". Rare praise. She does play the "what year is that Ford truck" game with me and she gets the 78-79's right every time now. Thanks for the info and good luck keeping her happy.
  2. cbzdel
    05-02-2012 02:22 PM - permalink
    Wow I just looked on ebay it looks like the prices have really gone up on the headlights.. Maybe its a seasonal thing, I bought mine in the middle of winter so maybe business was slow and they needed to push sales?? I really wanted to get a set of 08+ mirrors but my wife said she didnt think that the 08+ style matched the older trucks, so I decided just to get a normal set of towing mirrors.. I have to keep her happy if I want to spend money on the truck haha
  3. MoJoWales
    05-02-2012 01:50 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the review. Finished making up my mind on pulling the trigger. About the condensation in the blinker area, do you think it would be worth the effort to add some sealant before installing them or just overkill? I haven't seen a set under 169 on ebay yet but I can wait a week or two while I finish some R&R on the truck.
    I bought a set of upgrade tow mirrors from 1Aauto and they have the same clear marker/turn lenses as the Depo corner/turn lenses. Maybe Depo makes the mirrors too? I think they would look good together. FWIW, I have nothing but praises for the 08 style mirrors, power, heat, marker/blinker, manual extending and the best part is no reversed control function. Plug n play.
    Thanks again man
  4. cbzdel
    05-02-2012 01:03 PM - permalink
    Hey, Harley style lights are great, I bought them off of Ebay, they are DEPO brand. I installed a set of HIDs and and LED blinkers.. The headlight light output is great for being aftermarket, usually aftermarket headlights are junk in my opinion but not these, they even fit good.With the LED blinkers I was getting a little condensation in the lower portion only because the LEDs do not get hot. When I switched back to a standard bulb all the condensation went away and now I never get it at all. They are great though I totally recommend them to anyone
  5. MoJoWales
    05-02-2012 09:22 AM - permalink
    cbzdel,

I wanted to know how the Harley Style headlights you posted about last year Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - Harley Headlights; OEM vs Aftermarket were holding up and if you recommend them or have any issues. I am considering the same lights because of the clear corners to match a set of upgrade tow mirrors I put on.
    Also, where did you yours from?

Thanks,

MOJoWales