Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and Dirtburper
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Mark Kovalsky
    01-31-2017 09:26 PM - permalink
    Sorry, I don't know. I suspect you have a large leak, but I don't have a guess as to where that leak would be. Look up a user here named jk080. He's built many, many more of these than I have.

Mark
  2. Dirtburper
    01-31-2017 03:47 PM - permalink
    Hello Mark

You responded to my post last Oct about my son's '99 F250 4r100.

We found the low frictions were completely worn. The "hub" of the forward drum cracked, allowing fluid to leak by the 2 sealing rings.

I replaced the forward drum, all frictions, steels, sealing rings, new pump stator and gears. Installed "Tugger" kit and new TC .

It didn't work. The truck it will not move in forward or reverse. Line pressure shows 20-30psi in neutral/park, 40-50psi in reverse or drive. Book says 17.7 qts of fluid, we put in 18.

I used the ASTM book. Everything made sense and went together smoothly. Iv'e been a machinist for 35 yrs, and have rebuilt a few automatics already. Obviously I did something wrong this time.

Can you think of anything I can check with the tranny still in the truck? At first I thought we got a bad new TC, but then found that it was low on pressure.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any help is greatly appreciated!

Fred