Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and Jeremy Setbacken
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Mark Kovalsky
    03-14-2015 08:56 AM - permalink
    It's possible that you got two bad sensors from the dealer. It's more likely that you'll win the lottery without buying a ticket.

Your problem is almost certainly an intermittent open in the wiring between the PCM and the temp sense, assuming that the temp sensor was the reason your lights were on. Did it set a code for the temp sensor?
  2. Jeremy Setbacken
    03-13-2015 08:11 PM - permalink
    Aloha Mark, I've been reading your threads and hoping you could help. I was driving down a very steep hill with the o/d on in first and I noticed the temp started to drop. I checked the fluid level and continued driving. When I got to the HWY the O/D light flash. On my way back home it started shifting weird and my check engine light came on. I ended up changing the TFT Sensor and all was well for about 20 minutes. Then the exact same symptoms started again. I changed the sensor again. This time it worked for about five hours of drive time over the coarse of 2 day's and then the same thing again. I inspected the transmission harness both inside and out and cleaned the plugs and reinstalled the same sensor. the O/D light has yet to come on and the truck is now shifting fine but the temp keeps going from the cold line to normal but not all the way down like before. Any Idea what could be causing this? Could I have possibly gotten two bad sensors from the dealer?