Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and bhesse
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. bhesse
    07-21-2015 10:19 AM - permalink
    early shifting meaning it will shift into 3rd at about 35 unless I am accelerating hard like on the freeway I always leave OD off unless on freeway. happy to give you any and all info but I am now at a loss as to a direction to go with this..... thank you
  2. bhesse
    07-20-2015 05:14 PM - permalink
    Mark,
    Shifting issues 93 f150 5.0 4EOD
    OK, I researched and read about all I can find on this and F150 site so any help would be appreciated
    1993 F150 5.0 4EOD 4x4
    I have the usual early shift problems ( OD OFF or OD ON) no diff
    NO codes-clear
    Replaced and tuned perfectly, plugs, wires, cap, PCV with MC parts as well as all sensors-TB,coolant, fuel vacuum, rear end speed sensor (VSS) and now new PCM
    New rebuilt Transmission works as new with all sensors or connections cleaned or replaced, all grounds cleaned.
    When driving with CC on truck shifts like it was new, no issues, downshifts when needed ect.... when in manual (no CC) will not downshift under full load unless I pound pedal to the floor, or stab the breaks, when I put on CC and all is fine..... run out of ideas what am I missing
    HELP please-thanks
    This is a great site guys!
  3. bhesse
    01-22-2014 04:39 PM - permalink
    Mark, one more, if it is my TPS, when in cruise control it does not act the same way, actually better or not at all the way it does while not in CC
  4. bhesse
    12-13-2013 01:12 AM - permalink
    Can I clean the TPS? Will install new vss once the weather warms
  5. bhesse
    12-12-2013 12:59 PM - permalink
    93 F150 4x4 Ext Cab SWB 4EOD 5.0 31x10.50x15 tires - Trying to get a bit more out of a newly rebuilt 4EOD that shifts too early :-) possible VSS?
    was told 4:10 gears F&R could change-truck is used for recreational use, off road slightly mostly city and hwy driving.
    Thoughts?