Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and ItsMeRandy
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. ItsMeRandy
    05-21-2014 06:45 PM - permalink
    I would agree something has broke. Was just curious if you had ran across anything like this. The overdrive light is flashing, but I haven't ran the codes yet and usually the tranny codes don't help much. I had read one of your post talking about the rear axle could lock if one of the transmission shift points didnt go as it should. But I think that was 3-5 shift.
  2. Mark Kovalsky
    05-21-2014 06:27 PM - permalink
    Something mechanical broke. It could be the trans or rear axle, or if it's a 4x4, it could be the transfer case. By the whining I expect it's the trans. I don't know what broke, it will take a teardown to find that.
  3. ItsMeRandy
    05-21-2014 06:00 PM - permalink
    Hello Mark, Been reading a lot of your post lately and thought you would be the person to ask. A customer brought in his truck "03 f350 6.0psd dually" that had stalled on him and wouldn't start, turned out to be a locked up ac compressor. I replaced it. He drove away and filled up his truck at the gas station, as he was pulling off the rear tires locked up on him like he shifted to park. So he called me and I went out there and tried to drive it, it moved a little then locked up the rear tires again. It went into limp mode and you could hear a "ticking" noise from the torque converter as you revved up the engine to go. We drove it back to my place in limp mode, But after checking it a few more times, not sure it is limp mode because it does same thing in reverse, you have to get up to 3000 rpm just to get truck to budge forwards or backwards. Now it makes like a hydraulic whine noise when trying to move any direction. thought you might have some idea's?
    Thanks.