Conversation Between Walston and ibcruzin
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Walston
    03-22-2014 02:13 PM - permalink
    Yes i think that price is good. Good luck
  2. ibcruzin
    03-21-2014 05:59 PM - permalink
    No problem...I expect he still has it. I think that's a fair price, don't you? I'll call him Monday and if he still has it, probably go ahead and get it. Thanks!
  3. Walston
    03-17-2014 08:21 PM - permalink
    Sorry Tim I didn't see your message until today and I see the auction on ebay is closed. That is the correct differential. Ford 9", 3.00 ratio (number of teeth on the big gear divided by the number of teeth on the pinion gear) and 28 spline (number of splines on the axles). If you didn't buy it, I hope you find another one soon.
  4. ibcruzin
    03-16-2014 10:19 AM - permalink
    Good morning,

I was hoping I could lean on you for some help again...I'm building my '57 F-100 to run a drive train very similar to yours. I'm at the point of looking for a 3.00 diff or center section and found this one on e-bay: item #131110563028.

Do you see any reason why this would not work in my stock housing? I've bought parts from Doug before and he's currently sourcing some window regulator parts for our '51 Caddy. So, I'm comfortable about buying from him, just want to be sure this unit will work for me.

Thanks, in advance, for your help! You're a big reason why this forum has been a great resource for me.

Tim Payne
  5. ibcruzin
    06-04-2012 05:24 PM - permalink
    Good to know. Again, thank you for your help! I hope to really get going on mine by this weekend.
  6. Walston
    06-04-2012 04:57 AM - permalink
    Yes I would buy from them again.
  7. ibcruzin
    06-03-2012 12:20 PM - permalink
    Thank you! I have about the same amount of rust/rot as it appears you had in your pictures. I expect to get away with using the same replacement pans you did. Are you happy with their quality (their prices seem very reasonable)?

Again, thank you!
    Tim
  8. Walston
    06-03-2012 06:05 AM - permalink
    You asked about bracing the cab. I manually jacked the cab around a little until the doors fit well and had decent clearance everywhere. Then I welded an "X" in each door opening with 1" square tubing and welded the "X" together in the middle. I didn't remove the entire floor so I didn't support the cab sides from moving in. If you need to remove the entire floor you will need to do that.
  9. ibcruzin
    06-03-2012 12:32 AM - permalink
    Thank you for posting pictures of your floor pan/cab mount work. I have a '57 whose floors are in about the same condition of what yours were when you started. I'm curious to know what kind of temporary support/bracing you used or installed before cutting the old metal from the floor. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Love your truck by the way!

Tim