Conversation Between Pocket and ozbikes
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Pocket
    10-05-2011 09:44 AM - permalink
    Hey Oz,

I used a wiring kit, but no mount kit. I fab'ed up my own mount to work with the existing rail under the radio. Nothing fancy, but it works.

The GPS antenna sits at the very corner of my windshield on the driver's side. Also routed the USB cord over to the glove box.

Install was kind of a pain when I did it. The one thing I did screw up on was I left a mark on the dash with the dremel tool when I was grinding out the top and bottom lip.

Sorry I don't have any specifics. I don't even have pics of my install. Just kinda rigged it up on the fly as I was putting it together.
  2. ozbikes
    10-03-2011 12:44 AM - permalink
    Hello! I noticed you have the DNX7100 in your 2002? I have a 2002 as well and ended up with the same gps/nav head unit from my brother when he sold his truck, Kenwood DNX7100!! I was going to install it this weekend but ran into a couple problems. I know that I have to cut/grind both the top and bottom, what kit did you use to install it, holds it in? Where did you put the gps antenna? Use a wiring kit? I just got quoted $400 by a box store to install it into my truck.

I have installed a couple stereos before but for some reason I have been running into tons of problems with this one, dont know why. Care to help a fellow Colorado resident out?

Thanks,
    oz