Conversation Between stuart1 and Ken Blythen
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Ken Blythen
    05-01-2011 07:58 PM - permalink
    Hi Stuart

I've installed the C6 trans that you gave me advice on the modulator line for.
    It drives & shifts well, but is clunking pretty firm into reverse......a few people have suggested Seafoam etc to free any stuck valves ( could it be as simple as this? - the governor was sticky for the first day) - Is there any thing else you would suggest?

Thanks

PS - I've found that if I select '1', then shift straight to reverse (with no pause in neutral), reverse is engaged softer when cold - still hard when hot.
    Going to reverse from any other gear (also from neutral or park) gives the hard engaging.
  2. Ken Blythen
    03-01-2011 10:11 AM - permalink
    One other question Stuart -

The transmission I'm using came from an E-150 or 250 & has a purple stripe modulator.......I'll replace this with a black stripe one.
    Do I need to do anything about changing the existing push-rod (different length?) at the same time, or just the modulator?

Thanks again
  3. Ken Blythen
    03-01-2011 01:14 AM - permalink
    3/16" it is - Thanks a lot
  4. Ken Blythen
    02-28-2011 11:32 AM - permalink
    Thanks Stuart

So do you mean you would you use 3/16"?
  5. Ken Blythen
    02-28-2011 02:16 AM - permalink
    Hi Stuart

I'm replacing an AOD with a C6 & so need a vacuum line for the modulator.

Searching, I can only find some one who says it should be 3/16" dia - but the modulator has fittings for 1/4".......is there any problem with using a 1/4" line right through?

I've posted in the 80-86 forum too, but I thought I'd ask you directly

Thanks, Ken