Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Posting Guru

WarOzz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My "New" Project 5th Wheel

Well guys I finally got a new project! I have been looking for the right deal on a fixer up 5th wheel for months now and made many trips only to be disappointed by roof damage or the price being too high. Well yesterday I finally made a deal, a GREAT deal to be honest.

I got a 1990 Travel Lite 29' with has AC, Queen Bed, Garden Shower and electric landing gear! The roof is in good shape but will need a coat of snowcoat put on it, some side seams need resealed. Only damage to the entire trailer is the floor in the kitchen has 2 bubbles in it and will need to be cut out and replaced. It has been sitting for over 3 years so it's very dirty, will probably take us a couple weeks to get all the bugs out and get it cleaned up enough to start checking all systems, doing maintenance and starting the repair process.

I was able to pick this up for only $550 with a clean title in hand!
It needs some TLC but what a deal!

Click the image to open in full size.

1975 F250 Camper Special - Soon To Be Transformed!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Good job Ed! Have ya been taking lessens from me? lol

I had a guy show up this week and offer me 2 grand for the motorhome I bought last month for 500 bucks....I sure was tempted!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 10-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Posting Guru

That's for sure Don, you always find the good ones!
No doubt when clean and ready to go I could turn this trailer for at least 3k around here. But instead I plan to move to the Coast in it next summer
Old 10-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Great looking trailer! That was a killer deal on that!
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Have you found anything disgusting yet?............I always find a "parting gift" from POs in most RVs I have cleaned out.........The worst I ever found was "loaded" shorts jammed in behind the fresh water tank in a trailer I bought, probably the little kid did not want to get blamed for it and stashed them!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 10-14-2010, 11:09 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
That's just sooo wrong......lol

Old 10-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
Looks like fun, hope you don't finf any "loaded" anything.
1980 Bronco with 460
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 10-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Posting Guru

I haven't got it home yet to start cleaning it out. I did finally find a gooseneck to 5th wheel adapter for a good price so tomorrow I pick it up and then bring the trailer home. Not really looking forward to the 15 mile 7% grade I have to pull to get it over the mountain but it has to be done Hopefully all goes well.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
I've never heard of a gooseneck to 5th wheel adapter... interesting. I've seen the gooseneck hitches that attach to the 5th wheel rails...
Old 10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Posting Guru

They are pretty popular around here Evan, lot's of ranchers with gooseneck stock haulers like them so they don't have to have a separate hitch. They do not give the ride comfort of a 5th wheel but are better for going in rough terrain because they have more articulation. I plan to do an axle flip on the trailer to put it up higher for going out in the woods

This is the one I am buying.. https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...bert-205B.html

So wish me luck guys, got the truck all checked out, new cable built for hooking up lights to rv, tools and lots of "what if" items loaded in truck and she is ready to roll! The wife and I are heading out at 5am, have to pick up the hitch at 8, then to pick up the 5th wheel.

It's sitting in Sam's Valley for you Medford guys, right off highway 234. I plan to head to 62 towards Shady Cove and cut up to Butte Falls, past Willow Lake, hit 140 for a couple miles to Forest Road 37 over Brown Mountain to Dead Indian Rd, from there a nice easy pull down Clover Creek to Keno and home. I am trying to avoid the big 15 mile climb up 140 and the traffic that goes with it. By staying on the back roads I don't have to climb as steep a grade and I don't have traffic behind me getting mad lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Post Fiend

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
Damn. Why didn't you say you wanted a 5th wheel to gooseneck adapter. I got a nice one sitting here I'd love to get rid of.

Oregon Chapter Member:
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Post Fiend

Good luck Ed. Hope all goes well.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Posting Guru

David I did in the classifieds page. If your up in Lakeview I would have bought it too, would have been closer then going to Grants Pass!

Thx Evan!

Well made it with only one hitch... trailer was in a real tight spot and I nicked a old hunk of a lawn mower deck getting it out and lost a tire. The spare was good but it was no fun changing tires before ever heading down the road. Good thing I had my big floor jack, compressor and impact with me lol

Right now it's sitting in the driveway with 2 bug foggers running, tomorrow we start cleaning!

Here is a pic of us at the snow park on 140

Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 PM

Good looking setup Ed! Bet you had fun getting it up your driveway..........lol

Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Do my eyes betray me, or does the colors on the trailer match your truck?
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
1935, 1992, 5th, bunker, campers, ford, good, job, keeping, project, ranger, road, shape, truck, wheel