North Dakota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: hav24wheel

Attention ND peoples

Old 10-07-2010, 09:48 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention ND peoples

I need you to get out and vote this year, my families livelihood depends on it.

I need you to vote NO on measure 2. This measure is the latest attempt by anti-hunters to control what property owners can do on their own land with their own property.

If you want further information, PM me.

Here is a link from one of the NRA board of directors on AR-15.com http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...=156&t=1075095

Let me know if you guys can access that link.

Thanks, Josh

Old 10-11-2010, 02:46 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Hey Josh, will do.

Link just came up to a "community list" for me

Old 10-11-2010, 11:24 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Thanks Dave, spread the word to people you know!

Old 10-11-2010, 11:26 AM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

No problem. I think I can do that!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:32 PM
l67cooled
Elder User
I guess I would need more info on the measure because as of now I'm not for the trapping/caging of game animals for reasons to hunt them once their "trophies" Or to sell the rights to hunt them. That's not hunting, its slaughtering. Hunting is all about tracking down, looking for the the game, and hopefully taking one home; and I don't think that should change for future generations.

The way I understand it is:
It's like going to a feed lot, picking the best cow, hunting it in it's 20" by 20" cage and calling it a day, but in measure 2 it won't be cows, but bucks, elk and other game animals people commonly hunt.

But, please convince me otherwise. Like I said I'm pretty uneducated in the matter, today is actually the first I've looked into this measure, but as of now I would have to say "yes" to measure 2.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM
l67cooled
Elder User
Just in case people want to read the measure before making a decision.

North Dakota Fenced Hunting Ban, Measure 2 (2010) - Ballotpedia

Old 10-11-2010, 02:57 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Here is the way I look at it, a Elk farm, is just that. A farm for Elk. Its just like raising cattle, only difference is its Elk. I really don't see a issue with people buying Elk, or other live stock, and butchering them for food. I can see an issue if people where trapping wild game and selling them, or selling a guide to a trapped/fenced in(wild) animal. But animals raised as a life stock is something totally different.

If its raised to be butchered and consumed, I see no problem with it.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:44 PM
l67cooled
Elder User
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
Here is the way I look at it, a Elk farm, is just that. A farm for Elk. Its just like raising cattle, only difference is its Elk. I really don't see a issue with people buying Elk, or other live stock, and butchering them for food. I can see an issue if people where trapping wild game and selling them, or selling a guide to a trapped/fenced in(wild) animal. But animals raised as a life stock is something totally different.

If its raised to be butchered and consumed, I see no problem with it.
After looking into if further I realize there's a lot of misleading info out there. I'm sure like everything, its going to be abused by a few people and will ruin it for the rest and maybe that's the case in hand. I myself am not a hunter and even if I was I wouldn't see much thrill in a fenced in hunt or anything but a natural hunt, where the animal has a means to escape. IMO that's the " hunt ". But people are getting lazier and I'm sure there's a lot less land that's actually open to hunt so with the limitations now and future limitation's this may be the only way to hunt someday.

Now with this proposal are we talking about domesticated farm animals or are we also having deer, and other non farm raised animals being unnaturally trapped in land, just because it was in the wrong place at the wrong time and now it has a 20' fence around it. Which is now fair game for the farmer to sell to the highest bidder.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:37 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
FYI, if you want to come to our land and hunt, you will not be in a 20 x 20 pen. We have over 400 acres of the Killdeer Mountains to hunt, I just spent a week up there for my honeymoon, and saw one bull the entire week.

I67, these are 100% privately owned animals. No wild animals were "fenced in" that just doesn't happen. We don't want them anyway, as they carry diseases our privately owned herds are free from.

What we do is offer people that don't have the time to take a week or two off from work to go to Colorado or elsewhere to hunt, with a chance of not even seeing an elk. Or what about a disabled hunter that will never have the chance to do what he loves?

We give people that are on a limited schedule the ability to do something they love, when they have time. Not to mention that it is on our own land, with our own property. If someone wants to come to our farm and shoot a Angus cow, there is no difference.

I am not here to debate the ethics of high fence hunting, or whether or not you consider it hunting, but instead, whether or not we have the freedom to utilize our land and property as we see fit.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:55 AM
l67cooled
Elder User
Josh. I don't see no harm in a operation like your own. The more I think about the measure the more it pisses me off, and not for the reason at hand but because its just another right taken away from ND citizens, which really pisses me off. I'm all for keeping our constitution simple and out of people business so I will vote "no" on measure 2 as well.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:06 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Thanks, I didn't even know you are from ND. Your help is greatly appreciated. It would also help us out if you could spread the word to the uninformed.

Thanks! Josh

If you want to check out our operation, head over to http://www.killdeermountainoutfitters.com (not advertising, just for informational purposes) and check out the testimonials.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

He lives in the bis man area same as me. He is a stand up guy (as far as I can tell. lol)

Looks like a nice deal you guys have going on up there Josh.. Would hate to see something like that get shut down.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:30 PM
l67cooled
Elder User
Will do Josh. Looks like you have a pretty sweet piece of land on your hands. What does it cost to rent your cabin during the off season for a weekend?

Hey thanks Dave! I guess I can still fool a few people. lol jk

Old 10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
If you want details on the cabin, send me a PM. I can get numbers for you.

Edit: Dont worry about a PM, I forgot that I put the website on here for a second. Give Tim a call, he will tell you what you need to know.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:26 PM
l67cooled
Elder User
Will do Josh. I'll probably wait till its a little closer to spring to give him a shout. Looks like a nice place to get a few buddies together for some bike riding and hiking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Attention ND peoples