Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Chev and Ford together??

Old 02-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Hi Ho
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chev and Ford together??

I know it's completely insane but chevy and Ford said that the will work together to make a new transmission. How could that be possible? Don't belive me? Here's the article: Chevy & Ford?

Old 02-23-2003, 12:51 PM
kspilkinton
Postmaster
Chev and Ford together??

US Automakers have been working together for some time now. Chrysler and GM went in on the purchase of New Process back in the late 80's and combined it with a few other operations to make New Venture. GM backed out and now it's a wholly owned subsidiary of Diamler-Chrysler. Ford and GM worked on a new small car line to beat back the import invasion in the late 80's. Ford backed out of that deal in the early 90's... in 1993 it became a GM branch. That brand is the Saturn line.

-Kerry

Old 03-16-2003, 05:02 PM
RickDill1
Senior User
Chev and Ford together??

Does anyone remember AMC? You say it was a part of jeep but I do not think so. Mine had a ford starter and a dodge alternator. This has been going on for a long time. It may be to exchange technology or steal ideas. I pick up parts for all the big three. I loaded at one place going to GM Beloit WI. The guy next to me loaded to go to Toyota Seymour, in. That tells me there is a level of trust between the auto companies. I say if they all start hurting for money they all will be looking for a reliable efficient vendor to build parts.

Search this Thread