General Automotive Discussion

Wells Fargo "Warranty Solutions" Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Wells Fargo "Warranty Solutions" Extended Warranty

Ok, I need some input. Really wanting to see if anyone else has this warranty, or has experience with it.

My wife and I signed on for the extended warranty when we bought our SCrew. It's good for the life of the loan, and covers "bumper to bumper".
This is through Wells Fargo, and is titled "Warranty Solutions" through their Dealer Services.

The more I read the fine print, the less I want this warranty, and I'm reaching out to you all for some input, advice, and suggestions.

Of course, routine maintenance is on me. Oil changes, pads, rotors, tune-ups etc. But the further I read the more this thing is telling me that general wear and tear and slow gradual breakdown is NOT covered. It appears that this only covers mechanical malfunction more than anything.

The big kicker is the exclusion due to "performance enhancements and/or modifications to tire and wheel sizes not recommended by the manufacturer". So there goes my plans for a leveling kit and tire up-size on my stock wheels, Right?

I have about 20 days to cancel this before I take a loss (still within my 60 day after purchase window) and I desperately want to know if anyone else has used, or is using this warranty.

I appreciate all relevant matter on the subject, as canceling said warranty could bring a nice chunk of $$ back into our pockets.

Thanks to all who have some insight.
~Chandler

Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
AZ Bill
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My feelings on "extended warranties":
- They are only good for the person collecting the payments.
- The group handling the warranty WILL ALWAYS find a loophole to NOT pay out on warranty service. This includes "normal wear and tear", "not recommended use", "vehicle abused by owner", or some other trumped up excuse not to pay out.

My suggestion, if you have not figured it out by now, is to cancel this extended warranty ASAP; tomorrow if not sooner. Like I have said, I have never found them to be worth the money paid into them. In there place, I would recommend putting what you would have paid into this policy into a just in case account for future repairs.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:51 PM
daveshomeservice
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancel the warranty!! chances are it will not even pay for itself. it's a risk worth taking.

Dave

Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
The fairly decent extended warranty is the Ford ESP.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:55 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,416 Likes on 1,011 Posts
I'd cancel that one. I have an extended bumper to bumper with Gieco that includes towing and roadside and rental.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:54 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Mine also includes towing, roadside and rental.

I can get that through my insurer as well though. I'm leaning heavily towards canceling it unless someone can provide me with a good reason why I should keep it.

Anyone....Bueller....Bueller??

I appreciate the responses guys. Keep 'em coming.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:23 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Bumpin' my own thread.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lose the wells fargo as if it's anything like the loan my kids have got for a home through 'em yer gonna take a real screw--g by 'em eventually . if it doesn't come from the factory it isn't worth the paper it's written on . this comes from personal experience on a new car my wife had that i thought i purchased the factory extended warranty and it wasn't . got a royal scr-w--g by them when we had something taken care of it supposedley covered . ended up eating the repair and one of these days i'm gonna find the smarta-- i talked too on the phone for this co. { i got the name , co. address etc. and extension of this phone rambo !! } and teach him how to drive a pontiac sunfire gt up some ones keaster without ky lubricant . needless to say i don't go back to that auto dealer either .... and i got her to get rid of that pos car ......................

Old 10-07-2010, 01:05 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Talked to the dealer. The process of canceling is pretty simple really. Just fill out a form. They mail it to the Lender. Lender takes said $$ amount off of my principle.

I confirmed with them that a leveling kit would void the complete warranty. Dealer suggests that I keep the warranty until I do the leveling kit as so to cover me in the event something fouls up.
Thoughts?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,107 Likes on 4,191 Posts
As Tim mentioned...the Ford ESP is an excellent waranty. It would not...however...cover items that are affected by modifications...lift kits...chips...etc.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:17 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
You know...that's the strange part. I bought this from a very reputable Ford Dealer, Beach Ford in VA Beach. The owner's family and my family have a 35 year history, and we've bought 8 vehicles there now.
So with that said, they didn't offer a Ford ESP, or maybe that's what I turned down that was only available at their dealership? I'm 100 miles West in Richmond.
Their only offering was the Wells' offering. Would the Ford offering worked at any dealership, or just the Dealer that sold me the truck?

Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM
BIGKEN
The Ford warranty is available at any Ford...Lincoln...Mercury dealership...and is honored at any dealership that carries a like brand. In other words...a Lincoln/Mercury dealership might not be able to repair your diesel engine...because...they don't stock the parts or have trained personnel to do it. The FORD ESP tends to be much more expensive than "Aftermarket" warranties...which probably explains your dealerships hesitancy to try and sell them. In my experience...it's best to stick with the manufacturers warranty...lots less drama!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:46 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Thanks Ken. I'm pretty close to signing my name on that cancellation form.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
BIGKEN
Glad to help out...if you are interested in an ESP contact Troy Dietrich...

tdietrich@fordofgreenfield.com 413.773.5455...he'll give you straight answers and great prices.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:52 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot

Thanks for the contact info.

Quick Reply: Wells Fargo "Warranty Solutions" Extended Warranty