Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 06:45 PM
gunnymyrick gunnymyrick is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
gunnymyrick is starting off with a positive reputation.
2011 truck problems

5600 miles 5 times to the dealer for engine and transmission problems one time, towed in! "2011 Ford Junk" is printed on three windows. Our vehicle was ordered from the factory! (6.7 diesel King Ranch) It arrived with on broken back window and the windshield scratched. That was fixed! With the air-conditioner on you cannot adjust the dual temp. unless you go to full heat. That is how it is designed. At 200 miles the engine lost all power due to a crack in the intake to the turbo charger and other sensors the in the system. Drove back to the dealer ship at a top speed of 40 mph while the DEF fluid was being pumped into the engine most of the way which made my wife sick from the fumes! Continuing on our trip the DEF fluid continued to be pumped into the engine to clean the exhaust system from the previous problem. At apox. 300 miles the dash lights flicker on and off and did so 5 times on the trip. Apox. 400 miles the engine developed a miss and hesitation when accelerating. This happens about every 500 miles. Aprox. 1500 miles the dealership could not duplicate these problems. At aprox 4000 miles the transmission locked up trying to get into my driveway with an incline of 10 degrees. It felt like the clutches were slipping. When I put it into 4x4 to try to move it and it lurched forward. Engine oil and other fluids were changed including DEF fluid. Could not duplicate transmission lock up or engine miss. At 5000 miles the engine lost power again and burned the hood ,window washers. The engine warning light came on when I restarted the engine. The truck was towed in 2 days latter. (Weekend) We stayed in a motel until the motor was fixed well enough to get home. On the return the light blinked on and off only once, it developed a miss only once and the transmission did not lockup. The hood underneath is still burnt but the wipers and what ever else seem to be working! Were about to take another trip to retrieve my son things since his death last month. Maybe we will make it and maybe we won't. I didn't tow the boat home from the coast this year because I don't trust it! Some minor problems still exist, paint missing, loose plastic, loose mirror... I have owned nothing but ford trucks but this is the last straw. My problem is NOT with the dealership Meridian Ford, they have been trying to help. But Ford on the other hand is ... Their legal department is looking into it! For a buy back. Thank God Ford doesn't make airplanes!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:11 PM
nico963's Avatar
nico963 nico963 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: chicago,IL
Posts: 955
nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.
I think I'm gonna just sit back and watch this one...Because IMO
__________________
Rob
2007 F-250 6.0 CC SB 4x4 Black FX4
20in Black BMF Novakane 8's W/ Toyo M/T 33x12.50x20
Stock Motor with a pipe that makes noise.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 PM
sammy77's Avatar
sammy77 sammy77 is online now
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,547
sammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud of
Ouch!!!!!!!!
__________________
'13 F150 FX4 Boost'd
'07 Explorer 4.6 Ironman
'13 Explorer Sport
'05 F350 6.0 SOLD Problem Free..
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
11superduty 11superduty is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 51
11superduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
WOW!!! It sounds like somebody who don't like ford sabotaged your truck !! broke in the back window opened the hood and did who know's what, Your dealer should have never accepted that truck and I know If I ordered that truck and it came in like that the first thing out of my mouth would have ben get another truck or give me deposit back! Ford should replace that truck for you, most everyone who own's a 2011 super duty loves the truck !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
roadkingfl's Avatar
roadkingfl roadkingfl is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 516
roadkingfl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnymyrick View Post
5600 miles 5 times to the dealer for engine and transmission problems one time, towed in! "2011 Ford Junk" is printed on three windows. Our vehicle was ordered from the factory! (6.7 diesel King Ranch) It arrived with on broken back window and the windshield scratched. That was fixed! With the air-conditioner on you cannot adjust the dual temp. unless you go to full heat. That is how it is designed. At 200 miles the engine lost all power due to a crack in the intake to the turbo charger and other sensors the in the system. Drove back to the dealer ship at a top speed of 40 mph while the DEF fluid was being pumped into the engine most of the way which made my wife sick from the fumes! Continuing on our trip the DEF fluid continued to be pumped into the engine to clean the exhaust system from the previous problem. At apox. 300 miles the dash lights flicker on and off and did so 5 times on the trip. Apox. 400 miles the engine developed a miss and hesitation when accelerating. This happens about every 500 miles. Aprox. 1500 miles the dealership could not duplicate these problems. At aprox 4000 miles the transmission locked up trying to get into my driveway with an incline of 10 degrees. It felt like the clutches were slipping. When I put it into 4x4 to try to move it and it lurched forward. Engine oil and other fluids were changed including DEF fluid. Could not duplicate transmission lock up or engine miss. At 5000 miles the engine lost power again and burned the hood ,window washers. The engine warning light came on when I restarted the engine. The truck was towed in 2 days latter. (Weekend) We stayed in a motel until the motor was fixed well enough to get home. On the return the light blinked on and off only once, it developed a miss only once and the transmission did not lockup. The hood underneath is still burnt but the wipers and what ever else seem to be working! Were about to take another trip to retrieve my son things since his death last month. Maybe we will make it and maybe we won't. I didn't tow the boat home from the coast this year because I don't trust it! Some minor problems still exist, paint missing, loose plastic, loose mirror... I have owned nothing but ford trucks but this is the last straw. My problem is NOT with the dealership Meridian Ford, they have been trying to help. But Ford on the other hand is ... Their legal department is looking into it! For a buy back. Thank God Ford doesn't make airplanes!

Do you drink? If you don't, you should start, it will prolong your life.
__________________
2011 F350, 6.7, CC, LB, 4x4,3.31
2012 Road Glide Ultra
2013 Heartland Cyclone 3110
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
srkr srkr is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington,Tx
Posts: 1,113
srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico963 View Post
I think I'm gonna just sit back and watch this one...Because IMO
Im gonna watch also...I have my doubts also.

Shane
__________________
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...32/th_nanc.jpg
2011 Lariat Loaded: Ordered, and finally Recieved on 8-26-2010

ALSO: "Limited Edition" seats. Only a few in existance. I have pictures, just ask!!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM
bobbyg bobbyg is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 52
bobbyg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Truck Vin please....... I call total bull**** post!! troll from dodge forum having some fun.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 PM
11superduty 11superduty is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 51
11superduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
Truck Vin please....... I call total bull**** post!! troll from dodge forum having some fun.
This it what i'm thinking
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
gunnymyrick gunnymyrick is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
gunnymyrick is starting off with a positive reputation.
For those of you who doubt my post vin #1ft8w3bt4bea51789 price paid $62,348.00

I don't know how to post a picture or I would be glad to show what I have printed on the windows with car crayon. "2011 FORD JUNK"
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 PM
720Deere's Avatar
720Deere 720Deere is online now
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,320
720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnymyrick View Post
Price paid $62,348.00
I think this is where this guy's experience started to go downhill fast!


Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
gunnymyrick gunnymyrick is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
gunnymyrick is starting off with a positive reputation.
what do you mean by my experience?
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Biggziff's Avatar
Biggziff Biggziff is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,402
Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Everything Steven has posted here is true. Some of you owe him an apology. Terrible way to welcome a new member here.

Steven, I hope you get this all sorted out or get a new truck. I know first hand this stuff isn't fun. You'll find some good folks on here and some not so good folks. Sorry that you got the mob treatment on here.

I'm very sorry for your loss also...I cannot imagine losing a child.
__________________
2011 F350 CC 6.7
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 PM
gunnymyrick gunnymyrick is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
gunnymyrick is starting off with a positive reputation.
I want to thank most of you for your advice and concern. You have given us a little hope! I don't know what to say to the rest of you?
Good bye!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 PM
jayman2 jayman2 is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 76
jayman2 has a good reputation on FTE.jayman2 has a good reputation on FTE.
First I would like to say sorry for the loss of your son.
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and suggest after reading your story. From what you describe it sounds like someone tried to steal the truck at one point and messed up some of the electrical harness or wiring under the hood in the process causing all the problems.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 PM
nico963's Avatar
nico963 nico963 is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: chicago,IL
Posts: 955
nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.nico963 has a great reputation on FTE.
One has too understand that when a guy with 3 posts starts a thread like that,You have to be alittle suspicious.Alot of people don't want Ford to succeed.It is hard to believe one truck could have that many major problems at one time.With that said...gunnymyrick,I hope everything works out for you,your truck and your family.
__________________
Rob
2007 F-250 6.0 CC SB 4x4 Black FX4
20in Black BMF Novakane 8's W/ Toyo M/T 33x12.50x20
Stock Motor with a pipe that makes noise.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Reply

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
150, 2011, 67, brake, burt, def, exhuast, f550, fluid, ford, fuel, issues, raptor, series, svt, trucks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup