Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Fall truck projects

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Fall truck projects

The leaves are changing colour, it's pretty cold at night and we've turned our furnaces on. Time to get the truck ready for winter storage. Any one have any special projects they want/need to get done before putting their truck away? (I guess that only applies to summer toys ) Any one doing anything special before winter driving their truck?

The only thing I maybe have planned is to rearrange stuff in my garage to keep my truck under a roof this winter, if it fits in the garage, that is. May need to let all the air out of the tires to fit it through the door.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:38 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Canadian Tire had those portable garages on sale last week so I bought one. The Princess Auto POS that I got last year didn't survive all that well. The new one has the sides and roof as one piece so it should deal with the wind a lot better. They are a good alternative for storing your vehicle if it won't fit in the garage.

Couldn't afford to buy one big enough for the camper though . I did find outdoor storage at $35/month. It's close to home , a nice older couple live there and they have 4 dogs for security so I'm happy.

Other than that, I'd like to continue the rebuild on my 300 I6 and I have to rebuild the carb on my '48 as it's not running well at all. Still deciding on paint for the F250, money is tight.

Frank

Old 10-07-2010, 10:43 AM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS for me I stay with my brother that has 2 car garage and keep the truck in there ALL YEAR!!! The only thing I don't have cover for to keep the dust off from it BUT I Might get one soon!!!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:33 AM
ontariofarmer
Senior User
Only have the daily driver......but I have to make room in the garage, cause the Mrs doesn't like to get in a cold truck.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Let's see.

We'll this will be the last week with the soft top , going back to the hardtop for the winter, have to get the Bronco oiled for the winter, assorted oil changes on both trucks(wives too).

I also think I'm going to change the rod springs on my carb to a little stiffer ones.
New Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires and steel rims for my wives Ranger.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:07 AM
LightningRyan
Senior User
Hmmmmmm projects before I store it????? Nope I just gotta get the Prelude up and running after 4 months of just sitting there, thats my major project, and not a fun project at all.

On the other hand if anyone needs storage you can give Brad or .....(can't remember his wifes name) at Clembrook Storage (905) 878 - 6576. That's where I keep my truck, they are great people and this year i think it's around $350 for 6 months which I can't complain aboot. They store everything from Boats to Camp trailers to Cars and Trucks to RV's.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Green Streak
Senior User
I am hoping to get my 78 painted blue and white in anticipation of the Stanley Cup parade next spring in Toronto.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:32 PM
ontariofarmer
Senior User
Originally Posted by Green Streak
I am hoping to get my 78 painted blue and white in anticipation of the Stanley Cup parade next spring in Toronto.

That WOULD be a party

But I'm NOT holding my breath

Old 10-18-2010, 11:20 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Just cuz they go 4-0 in the first 2 weeks of the season???? Just give them another few weeks, and they'll be just like a bicycle, in the basement all winter.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:17 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Wink Autumn Colour

This is true we have not had a good frost yet, so all the Leafs haven't fallen off the tree yet.HEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Question No Projects

I guess all projects are on the hush hush.
Must be lots of spring surprises??????????
HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

I got me a springtime project lined up - drivers side muffler is rusted through, in the spring I'll take it in to Midas and make use of the life time warranty on the mufflers.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
LOL.

Originally Posted by loudfords
I got me a springtime project lined up - drivers side muffler is rusted through, in the spring I'll take it in to Midas and make use of the life time warranty on the mufflers.
Life time warranty on the muffler, just watch out for the $400.00 muffler clamp they need to install it

Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 AM
68murc
Elder User
I picked up a DJM 3/4 lowering kit for the Merc. I'm also looking at some roller rockers for the 460 on Ebay, trying to convince myself that I must have them.
I won't get to it this season because my other truck project is taking longer than I planned. I should have been able to predict that one though, has a truck project ever been finished on time? Maybe on TV?
Believe it or not, we still don't have quite enough snow to go sledding up here, except for the real diehards who like to change carbides.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

My dad got himself another 51 F1 for "parts". It's mostly in better shape than the first one, and the flathead is already rebuilt, so he's planning on building one good one out of both.

Quick Reply: Fall truck projects