1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLow Bidding.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
KoolAidMan888
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLow Bidding.

Hi guys I want to start bidding plow jobs in my area and i think i have the right ways of looking at the job but just want to no how you do it..

When you go to a job how do u come up with the quote.?
How do u add in the insurance cost.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 AM
rjfetz1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First, I already know what the average rate is in my area. Second how long are you going to be there? Is it straight forward push or is it a lot of back dragging? Back dragging adds lots of time cuz you need to do it several times to get it clean. Will you be shoveling? How long is the walk? How many steps at the front door? These all factor into the cost. Also, do you want to price per storm or per inch? Do you want a seasonal contract, where they pay you for the season regardless of how much snow? (that's a gamble) I know guys who price a driveway at $30.00 per visit for up to 3" then add $5.00 per inch therafter. I price for 6" or less, then another price for over 6"( not quite double). Then I have a seperate price for blizzards, ice, sleet. So, you see these is no easy way to price a driveway cuz everyones driveway is different. Try plowsite.com you will get lots of good info over there. Good luck.