1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1950 F Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:30 PM
farmgirl35
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not running. It hasn't ran since the seventies. I don't know enough about vehicles to say how much rust it has. I didn't pay that close attention when i was out there last. We have a guy that seems interested in buying it so we've been thinking about selling it to him. that's why i asked on the price.

If you want to give me your email. I don't think i can send a pm on here can i? Its again not my truck just my families so if you give me an email address i will talk to them and if they want, let you know where its located, and other info etc.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by farmgirl35
Its not running. It hasn't ran since the seventies. I don't know enough about vehicles to say how much rust it has. I didn't pay that close attention when i was out there last. We have a guy that seems interested in buying it so we've been thinking about selling it to him. that's why i asked on the price.

If you want to give me your email. I don't think i can send a pm on here can i? Its again not my truck just my families so if you give me an email address i will talk to them and if they want, let you know where its located, and other info etc.
joe@onpitroad.com

Old 10-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
If it's not in really bad shape, the truck is worth substantially more in parts than it is as a whole especially if the bed is in good shape ($300). The seat ($125), wind wings ($80-$100), working radio ($75), instruments ($50) - you get the picture.

Chances are very good that who ever buy it will use it for parts.

You being in Minnesota, the truck has probably been subjected to salted roads. Also, up there prices are not as high as they are in California or Florida.

In California a non running F2 in "restorable condition" would sell for $2000-$2500 very easliy.

I might be tempted to scout around on Ebay and Craigs list and see what's for sale out there and how similar it is to yours and what it's going for.

Remember, your truck is worth exactly as much as the paying highest buyer will give you for it.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
farmgirl35
New User
Thanks for the advice Julie I will check Ebay and Craigslist out! Very true about it being worth as much as the highest buyer will pay! Good point about it being used for parts if sold. I will mention that to them too just because it does have some sentimental value as well.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 PM
ct50f1
More Turbo
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by farmgirl35
funny you mentioned that cuz thats the other pic i have of the hood ornament!
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I don't see any pictures anywhere in this thread.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ct50f1
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I don't see any pictures anywhere in this thread.
She had links in earlier post, but it appears they were removed.
Here is one of them

Old 10-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
The hood orniment is the old "Rocket in the circle" way cool, but maybe a bit much for an F-series. Every thing was rockets and jets in the 50s!

Here's a pic of one:

Between the nose trim, side trim, original mirror, parking lights, license plate, and straight monlkey face grille, I see over $500 worth of part just in this picture!

And do I see a flat bed on the back? Ford Script Flat bed is worth how much in good shape? Bob?

Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
And do I see a flat bed on the back? Ford Script Flat bed is worth how much in good shape? Bob?
I'm not Bob, but it's worth its weight in rotten wood! so about 40 lbs or so

12' script beds are the most plentiful and least desirable IMHO

Cheers

Josh

Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Being a farm truck, it may not have seen much salt, and bigger trucks' fenders seem more immune to it anyway. On the other hand it was probably never washed or waxed in its entire life, and there was likely mud on everything that absorbed water and did damage. Just speculating, of course... for all we know it has a fresh rebuilt Merc 255 with Vertex mag, three deuces, and cast Fenton headers......

Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 PM
farmgirl35
New User
I spoke with my aunt and i guess its an F5, it doesn't have the orignial engine in it. And my great uncle probably bought it from somebody (he never bought anything new so I'm told, so that sounds right!) Its a V8.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
I think I see a rust spot above the driver's headlight? I'd say $1000 is very generous. The market a couple of years ago might have supported a bit more, but now they've dropped off. Here's a link to picts of an F4 I bought recently for $700. Sheetmetal has some dents but is solid and rust free from Wyoming. Not running but the 6 cyl flathead is free and should run witha little tlc to the wiring.

50 F4 followed me home - Ford Truck Fanatics

Old 10-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Don't get discouraged farmgirl. I'd reccommend that you hold off until you find the right buyer who isn't gonna part the thing out, especially since it's been in your family for so long and obviously isn't gonna bring a huge price. I personally think the price is whatever somebody is willing to pay. It might be old and rusty, but they don't make 1950 F5 trucks anymore. I live on a farm here in kentucky. And I've always wanted a truck like that as part barn decoration/hay hauler, neighborhood hayride mobile or whatever. Michigan is a long way away, but maybe somebody close will see it and be interested.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 AM
farmgirl35
New User
Thanks Mountaindoc great advice and i will pass it along and hope they take it. I'd hate to think of it ending up as parts.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:35 AM
fairlane68
Senior User
Most folks would see a rusty old truck in that barn...I see a parade queen.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:48 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fairlane68
Most folks would see a rusty old truck in that barn...I see a parade queen.
After you change out the widowmakers.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the widowmaker rims. Farmgirl, google that term to get more info.

One of the reasons larger trucks aren't popular, and get parted out, is because the cost of replacing the widowmaker rims is enormous.