I am Jacob and am new to the forum and just picked up a loaded 2007 2WD Lincoln Navigator with the luxury and ultimate packages (I think). This is our first ford and currently replaced a 2000 Nissan Frontier with 186K with it. We also have a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ. So far we live the Navi, especially all the electronic features (cooled seats!). I am a person who is meticulous about auto maintenance (do most of it myself) as we drive 40K miles per year through the deserts of El Centro, Indio, and Palm Desert, CA multiple times per month, all year long. I would like to know what maintenance should be done as of 40K and thereafter that is not listed in the manual and what should be done in different intervals than the maunal specifies (ie, trailblazer manual states 100K intervals for ATF and filter but most owners change every 40K).
Some specific questions:
1) How often does the rear differential fluid need to be changed and what is the prefered oil to use.
2) How often should the transmission fluid and filter be changed if we are not towing and have the small aux tranny cooler and no tow package. Also how do you check the fluid level and refill the fluid with no dipstick? As usual are you supposed to drop the pan to change the tranny fluid or can these trannys only be flushed by the dealer?
3) What are the spark plug change intervals and prefered plugs?
4) What are the possible rear end gear ratios that I could have?
5) What are some of the common problems in the 2007 year and what are some things to watch out for before a problem occurs.
6) Any specifc quirks and tips about owning the Navi and things every owner should know about their navigator.
Thank you all so much, I am proud to finally have a ford an hope to get to know some of you on here. I am a long time club/forum member of trailvoy.com and have mastered most of the GMT-360 platform so it is time to learn about something new and master the newly purchased navigator platform. Sorry if these questions are asked a lot but your help is greatly appreciated and as time goes on I hope I can provide help to you guys as well. Thanks so much and I'll try not to be so much of a newb soon!
Sorry for the post in the 99-2006 expy/navi forum, new to the site and will learn the ropes and layout soon!
1) Download the service manual.
2) 60K if towing 100K if not. Dipstick and fill plug are on the body of the transmission itself. The pan can be dropped and you can flush,either one.
3) 100K is reccomended, but sooner won't hurt. Use OEM plugs.
4) Not sure others might know. There are only two options.
5) Transmission acting up 1st to 2nd, 2nd to stop, etc. Can be cured by having the TCM flashed at dealer. Wind noise, minor squeaks, etc.
6) None that I can think of.