Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
New User

makm is starting off with a positive reputation.
EDGE BLOWER MOTOR VERSUS RAT

I HAVE A 2008 EDGE AND HEARD A NOISE IT WAS A RAT IN THE BLOWER MOTOR, CAUSED MOTOR TO STOP, REMOVED RAT NOW BLOWER MOTOR INOPERATIVE, I HAVE 12 VOLTS AND A GROUND THAT SEEMS TO PULSATE I TRIED A NEW BLOWER MOTOR DID NOT HELP I NOTICED WHILE I HAD MOTOR OUT THAT EVERYTIME U TURN ON BLOWER MOTOR IT WILL SPIN FOR JUST A SECOND THEN STOP, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP MIKE
Old 10-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Postmaster

m-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by makm View Post
I HAVE A 2008 EDGE AND HEARD A NOISE IT WAS A RAT IN THE BLOWER MOTOR, CAUSED MOTOR TO STOP, REMOVED RAT NOW BLOWER MOTOR INOPERATIVE, I HAVE 12 VOLTS AND A GROUND THAT SEEMS TO PULSATE I TRIED A NEW BLOWER MOTOR DID NOT HELP I NOTICED WHILE I HAD MOTOR OUT THAT EVERYTIME U TURN ON BLOWER MOTOR IT WILL SPIN FOR JUST A SECOND THEN STOP, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP MIKE
You just answered your own question. CHECK THE BASICS, CHECK THE BASICS, CHECK THE BASICS or VOLTAGE DROPS, VOLTAGE DROPS, VOLTAGE DROPS was what my Ford training instructor used to drill into my head during all his electrical courses. Remember, any electrical component requires POWER and GROUND to operate. Just because you have 12 volts at the connector does not necessarily mean the circuit is intact. What happens when you put a load on it? The best way to test a circuit is to plug a horn or light into it. Especially since a rat made its way there, I would be checking for chewed, frayed wiring.
....but STILL loves hot women with big boobies
....and STILL hates working on E-Series with 6.0L
Old 10-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers

Tags
08, 2008, ac, blower, edge, ford, motor, noise, removal, truck