Price: $7400
Mileage: 67350
Color: green/white
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Engine: 360 V-8

This pains me to no end, but I feel that it is finally time to let go of my baby, Daisy.
She is a 1973 Ford F-100 Ranger XLT. 67,350 miles on the 360 V-8 and C-6 tranny. I purchased the truck in late 2006 with approximately 64,000 miles on her. At the time, she was all original. I brought her home and made a few mods, but otherwise have left her alone and have only put 3,000 miles or so on her in nearly 4 years!
Mods that I made to the truck --

- Reflex spray in bedliner

- American Racing Torq-Thrust II 17" wheels and new tires

- Edelbrock chrome air cleaner with K&N filter

- Accel electronic ignition (does away with the points)

- Flowmaster dual exhaust with chrome side exits (sounds amazing)

- Custom Autosound speaker in the dash. Speaker is a dual voice coil speaker designed for this application that allows the woofer section and mid/high section to be powered separately. It is powered by a Kenwood 4 channel amp behind the seat. Stock head unit has been bypassed and I now play my iPod straight through the amp. The system sounds great.

- Rockford Fosgate 8" woofer behind the seat also powered by the Kenwood Amp.

- Dynamat sound dampening under headliner, in doors, and some under the hood

- Undercoating under most of the truck

The truck is a true time machine. The interior is gorgeous with only one small tear in the fabric on the seat (right where your butt sits). The truck came with custom made canvas seat covers that I never really used until the tear in the seat happened. Now the bottom section of the cover is used.
She does have factory A/C that worked great for most of the time that I have owned the truck, but just recently stopped blowing cold. I haven't bothered to fix it because I honestly don't really need it. The compressor kicks on, so I know that that part is functioning, but the rest is a mystery to me.
She has dual fuel tanks. Since the day I bought her, the gauge for the main tank has never registered. Because I have no need for carrying around that much fuel, I have always just run off the Aux tank and used that gauge, which works great.
Otherwise, all electrical works wonderfully. New headlights recently installed.
The truck drives amazing. Tight steering, smooth ride, engine runs like a dream. The 360 has never been known as the fastest engine in the FE lineup, but it was built to run forever. I have taken care of her with regular oil changes using only Castrol synthetic oil. No leaks anywhere.
The rear tires show some wear on the inside edges. These were originally on the front of the truck when I put on the new wheels and after I had some steering parts replaced (center link), I drove it thinking that the alignment was fine. Well, it was off just enough to wear down that part of the tire. They have been moved to the rear, alignment and rotation was done, and now everything is A-Ok (steering wheel is a hair off center when driving straight).
I also just recently had the steering column rebuilt with a new shift column and collar.
As far as the body goes, she is a true 20 footer. The truck is just a flat out beautiful rig and gets compliments everywhere I go. But, once up close, she does show signs of surface rust coming through the paint. There are some dings and scratches, a few dinged moldings, etc. This truck is NOT a show/trailer queen. It is a regular driver that I bought to help me move into my new house, to carry my fishing gear, etc...
As time rolls on, however, I find myself feeling guilty for using her for daily driver purposes. I now want a truck that I can use, abuse, and not feel bad about it. I also need a truck that can tow a large boat. The wife will not allow me to try to justify owning TWO trucks!

Anyways, I know I'm leaving out a ton of info. So, please just ask questions and I can provide answers and pictures. I want this truck to go to someone who will take care of her and treat her the way that I always wanted to.

Located in Key West, FL.

NADA places the truck anywhere from 4,000 to 10,000, depending on condition. I am asking $7,400.
I am also willing to consider trades for a more modern tow vehicle (F-250, Ram, diesel, etc.)
Call me at 305-797-7700 or email at cbrindisi@hotmail.com

Search this Thread