Browse all: 4WD Guides
Print Wikipost

Highboy Information Compilation

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 AM
steponit
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No matter what anyone does on here to make information available in a sticky like you have done and requested ,people will always make a new thread with their question. It is normal human behavior to do so.

This site thrives on hits (Postings) not people who just read.
I hate to say it but this thread will also be considered redundant.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:54 AM
zerfetzen
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steponit
No matter what anyone does on here to make information available in a sticky like you have done and requested ,people will always make a new thread with their question. It is normal human behaviour to do so.

This site thrives on hits (Postings) not people who just read.
I hate to say it but this thread will also be considered redundant.
Maybe so, but I'm not trying to eliminate all redundancy. My goal is to help people by compiling information on a topic I love. If that is helpful, great. If not, then no harm no foul. But I'm sure someone will find it helpful when they're searching for information, and think it's convenient to get a lot of it in one place. Those are the people I'm trying to help. As a by-product, I may learn more as well.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:18 PM
raystankewitz
Posting Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Ya know, maybe I'll be starting something here but I believe the reason the Highboys sat like that is not to accommodate the divorced transfer case. The altitude was just the way they were built. I have a friend that has a '71 Highboy so I might have to look at his to see why the altitude.

My dad had a '67 F250 that he had lowered a bit with custom springs/block removal so the camper didn't make the truck feel like it was going to tip over. It wasn't much taller than a 2wd after that, maybe a few inches taller than the neighbor's '68 F250 2wd.

Ray

Old 10-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Big_Dom
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, wtf is the point to this? I mean really? What impact will this have on the forums other than having the ability to be a dick to someone who uses the wrong word or just is new to "Factory High Riders"?

Old 10-02-2010, 05:48 PM
zerfetzen
Senior User
Originally Posted by Big_Dom
Guys, wtf is the point to this? I mean really? What impact will this have on the forums other than having the ability to be a dick to someone who uses the wrong word or just is new to "Factory High Riders"?
I'm surprised. The goal is to provide information to people, not to give them a hard time.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:57 PM
steponit
Elder User
Well just understand The Information has already been posted over a decade. The info is already in a sticky yet in the next 2 years there will still be hundreds of people starting a thread with the same questions.

Basically it continues to be redundant.

That's the part that people who start new Information threads face wqhen they create thread.

Would you prefer people just let it slide totally ?

The forums are all about interaction between old and new people.
If you want to avoid ridicule from others ,then don't make redundant posts.

You can't just create a thread and expect others to stand by when there is wrong information in it.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:41 PM
zerfetzen
Senior User
At least I'm trying to do something constructive.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:49 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zerfetzen
I think ya picked the wrong forum to be constructive in Bud. I got a 77 High boy and from just watching the way they ridicule everyone that asks for help here I never will. Just my .02 Your doing good. keep it up and ignore the immature.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:57 PM
bucks77ford
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That was great info listed and yes the highboy term has been a redundant topic, however, the topic could be created as a sticky for reference to new users and if those users start a new thread, than they can be referred to the thread.

Originally Posted by arctic y block
I think ya picked the wrong forum to be constructive in Bud. I got a 77 High boy and from just watching the way they ridicule everyone that asks for help here I never will. Just my .02 Your doing good keep it up and ignore the immature.
The forum has changed alot since I joined back in 2006. Many good people have moved on (or forced to) but that's a totally different topic.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
steponit
Elder User
Originally Posted by zerfetzen
No one is disputing that.
The thing is there is already a ton of info on this topic and basically the gist of the topic it is already in a sticky.
I find it is better to answer questions than to publish the info and hope people will see it.
Someone that used to be on here taught me that bit of advice.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:13 AM
bsteffen19
New User
zerfetzen, im fairly new to this forum, but Ive been on here numerous times before i ever signed up on it, i love to learn that kind of info, even if its not info that will help me in any sort, it just good to know, your doing a good job with this, and i like how i don't have to spend hours doing searches on who knows how many posts to find the same info you have in your one post, whether people know it or not, there are plenty of people who read old post before making new ones, (i try the best i can) but most people do not know it because theirs no way on telling if people check old posts, they only see the new posts people are putting on here, i can almost always find what i need without making a single post, keep up this good work im sure there are plenty of people out there that feel the same.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:51 AM
zerfetzen
Senior User
Thanks for all the support.

By the way, the reason I returned Hi-Boy to Highboy regarding 1928-1932 hot-rodded roadsters is, although I'm no authority on the subject, I did a lot of Internet searching, and found numerous magazines, such as Rod & Custom, with articles, and they always, every time, used the word Highboy.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:34 PM
bsneed
New User
Is the narrowed frame the reason for headers being different on higboys? And if so would fenderwell exists be the same for a highboy or lowboy?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 AM
zerfetzen
Senior User
Good question. Anybody?

By the way, I've updated a few things, including a Highboy-Lowboy comparison. On second thought, it needs to be in there. Thanks.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 AM
zerfetzen
Senior User
Also, I think (but don't know) that all dentside frames were the same width in the front.

Quick Reply: Highboy Information Compilation