Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2010, 04:44 PM
New User

noreverse is starting off with a positive reputation.
blown reverse need diagnosis help

I have a 94 F250 4x4 last winter I got stuck & in the process of trying to get un-stuck shifted into reverse and heard a "bang" & no more reverse. Can anyone tell me what I may have broken.thanks:bela"no reverse"
Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Posting Guru

dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dave Boley
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreverse View Post
I have a 94 F250 4x4 last winter I got stuck & in the process of trying to get un-stuck shifted into reverse and heard a "bang" & no more reverse. Can anyone tell me what I may have broken.thanks:bela"no reverse"
If you still have low gear you probably broke the reverse idler gear. At any rate it's a problem inside the tranny and you gotta take it out and take it apart.
www.pvpmedia.com/Fstar5397s
See My 53's (Let the fun begin...)
Scoobygator, (The dang thing is finally done and SOLD!)
Old 10-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave boley View Post
If you still have low gear you probably broke the reverse idler gear. At any rate it's a problem inside the tranny and you gotta take it out and take it apart.
2 x , Dave's right, it sucks but its time to drop the trans , hopefully you did minimal damages and will be easily fixable.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Posting Guru

dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.dave boley is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dave Boley
The real pain is going to be the fact that you have a 4X4 which means the extra weight and disconnection of the transfer case and front drive shaft. You have to be really careful with all those electrical connections as those connectors get hard and brittle which means the latching tabs snap off real easy. Hopefully you can get to it before it gets cold as that stuff is even worse about breaking when cold. Don't try to drop it with the shift lever attached and be sure to remove the linkage to the transfer case if it is a manual.

I have a complete tranny, bell housing and transfer case from an '83 I could stand to part with if that would be of any help bit I thing it is different than what you have.

Later Man...
www.pvpmedia.com/Fstar5397s
See My 53's (Let the fun begin...)
Scoobygator, (The dang thing is finally done and SOLD!)
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter