Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Nevada Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Posting Guru

jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Happy Halloween BS thread.

I don't know about the rest of you but this is my favorite month IMO we need some Halloween smilies.

Seeing as how I just got up I will say, Good morning Nevada. What is everyone planning on wearing for Halloween?
Old 10-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Posting Guru

jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.jarod17 has a very good reputation on FTE.
That's a good one. Now we just need a witch, goblin, ghost, ect.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Posting Guru

Those are good ones. Good evening Nevada. How is everyone?

Posting from my new phone. This one is working much better than the Blackberry.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Posting Guru

Those are good ones. Good evening Nevada. How is everyone?

Posting from my new phone. This one is working much better than the Blackberry.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
Thanks for the info about the intake manifold. I kind of figured as much but wanted confirmation. I plan on putting the carb'd heads on the engine but, I am going to stick with the fuel injection. That leaves me with two options. 1: take a carb'd manifold and have it modified to allow for the injectors. Or 2: have a manifold custom built. Oh well, That part of the project is on the back burner for later. Thanks again everyone.

The first step is to get the motor mounts and clutch to do the engine swap. Step two will be selecting a forged crank, rods, and pistons.

Jeff,
Why run carbed heads if you intent to run fuel injection? The FI heads if I understand correct are better heads for FI. Then you can run factory FI manifold & play with the injector system. Unless you want to go direct injection vs throttle body, then there are plenty of options there.

Craig
Old 10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Posting Guru

mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mxer0022 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
how is everyone doing this fine sunday?
autometer Phantom II Pyro, 0-60 boost and tranny temp gauges
SCT Xcal3 w/custom tunes
Old 10-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Good morning Nevada, hope you all had a great weekend!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Posting Guru

racerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to behold
Guess I just didn't want to believe it was October already sheesh! Well summer's definitely over, we got rained out at the track yesterday. Didn't get to the main but ended up with 3rd. It's still raining at home, and down here were expecting lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s, with a 100% chance of increasing snowbird migration now that the triple digits are gone for the most part.
2000 F-250 XLT Lariat 4x4 SC V10 6" lift, 35" tires, Powerdyne supercharger, K&N filter, Gibson headers & exhaust, Tugger shift kit, Billet lockup torque converter, on board compressor, Leer shell, various flame themed accessory doo-dads and TUNES!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Posting Guru

Good evening Nevada. It is raining here too. Supposed to rain on my days off too

Craig, the reason I am considering the carbed heads is because there are no aftermarket heads or intakes available for the EFI 460 that I have found. it is something that I am going to do a lot of research and head pounding math before I make a final decision on.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Good morning Nevada! I'm not ready to give up my summer, dammit!!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Posting Guru

racerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to beholdracerchick21 is a splendid one to behold
Surprisingly cool down here today, low of 62 this morning and only 71 right now, 20 degrees cooler than yesterday! There expecting it to edge back up towards triple digits next week though. Happy Tuesday!
2000 F-250 XLT Lariat 4x4 SC V10 6" lift, 35" tires, Powerdyne supercharger, K&N filter, Gibson headers & exhaust, Tugger shift kit, Billet lockup torque converter, on board compressor, Leer shell, various flame themed accessory doo-dads and TUNES!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM