Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
This is true, Jim! It would look like a flippen circus at a stop light/traffic jam and take away from the emergancy vehicles that makes them stand out. Good point!
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
I have to press on my pedal pretty hard just to get mine to come on.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Post Fiend

Copedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant futureCopedawg has a brilliant future
I just called katech in regards to my e-mail I sent last Friday. I talked to Alan who "did not see your e-mail" So gave me his direct e-mail and I will address him in the morning. In the small talk he said the new Mercedes has the blinking standard and also said it was legal as long as it did not blink for more than 3 seconds. He was very nice with a lot of "by the way" facts. So I will ask my question tomorrow and see how he replies.
Ian, 1 each (That's my nomenclature so don't wear it out) 97 F350 7.3L Auto 4WD Crew Cab 230K (Cali model bummer). MODS: HOOOOGA! horn, 6637, Service/Utility bed, 3" DP, Testing that Cat, 120v IDM. US ARMY OAS, OJE-IFOR, SFOR,2,5, OJG-KFOR, OIF, OEF. To ALL that have served, THANK YOU!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:34 AM
New User

coolarmybrat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

In regards to the third brake lights blinking and then comes fully ON...there is "add on" module that is available for almost, if not all, vehicles out there. Let me post a clip so that I do not bore you and I might be OFF TOPIC (and be banned forever ).

Last edited by coolarmybrat; 11-28-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Postmaster

Hussler has a great reputation on FTE.Hussler has a great reputation on FTE.Hussler has a great reputation on FTE.Hussler has a great reputation on FTE.Hussler has a great reputation on FTE.
On this site we are OFF topic more than ON topic so I would not worry about it.

1997 F250 HD CC 4x4 7.3L - E4OD - 3.55's
Napa 6637 - FPR Shim 3" Down Pipe & CD 203 Stat
Riffraff
HPX - Interceptor Scan Gauge - Cobalt Digital Pyro
Old 11-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Jim's right... this forum almost always turns to off topic/hijacking at some point.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Postmaster

trike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud oftrike1946 has much to be proud of
You can buy a light bulb for motorcycles that replaces the stock bulb with one that is round, maybe 1 1/2 inches across. It is all LEDs. When running they go in circles, then when you hit the brakes they blink 3 times and then stay on. You can also get some LEDs that will just blink then stay on. I have had both on my bike and no problems with inspections or the state or local police. And NJ is really a problem with police.

Or if you stop at any place that makes ambulances you can pick them up. The problem is that stock lights in ambulances are not cheap. The bulbs are about $20 each. So I converted mine to normal as they went bad. But mine are older. The newer trucks have even more costly lights from what I hear.
99 Expedition 4.6, 4x4
2001 F250 SD 7.3, 4x4, CC, LB, SRW, Auto
2001 F350 SD 7.3, 4x4, CC, LB, DRW, Auto
Old 11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Freshman User

SF-ESS is starting off with a positive reputation.
A lot of us in the motorcycle community have out bike brake lights flash. I believe that as long as your brake lights do not flash in a wig wag or side to side manor they are legal but check your state you can build one yourself by following this Motorcycle Brake Light Flasher. I realize it says motorcycle but the values are the same as it was pulled from an automotive original schematic. parts are easy to get from you local radio shack or on line. You can buy a flash pack for around $150.00. to get the same results. Going to led lights just requires a resistor in line to off set the current load so your flashers will not speed up again same issues for bikes going to led systems HD resistors are around $10. Hope this helps
97 F-250 XLT H.D. 4X4 Ext. 5 Speed, 4:10s, 4" lift, FPR Shim, 6637, Cat Gut, 3"Dp, IDM 140.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Senior User

powerstoked! is starting off with a positive reputation.
FYI guys, if you have an automatic trans, then you have to add a load compensator inline with the brake lights if you change to LED. For example, our tail lights, which are 3157LL bulbs... at 12.8VDC have a 26.9W or 2.1A load... a compatible LED 3157 only has about a 3W or .25A draw. So you have to wire in a 6ohm 50 W resistor in the brake light circuit so that the computer doesn't think that a bulb is out.

Reason for all this hokus pokus is because out torque converter lockup circuit operates using the brake light signal. If the TC lockup circuit senses a closed circuit, then it won't lock the TC because it thinks you are on the brakes. With the low internal resistance of an LED, the circuit appears to be closed to a clumsy circuit built in the mid 90's, but with the addition of the resistor it will operate correctly. Here is a link to help with visuals and such:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/pdfs/...istor_info.pdf

our turn signals use the same light circuit that the brake lights do, so wiring the resistor in correctly will solve fast flash and TC lockup issues. For those of you with manual trans', all you are going to deal with is a fast blinker because the flasher relay thinks a bulb is out so it flashes real fast due to the low draw circuit... so it would benefit yall to read this too so that you can fix your blinky problem! hah! hope that helps ya somehow in reference to the LED upgrades yall were talking about. Oh and if you do decide to get the LED bulbs to upgrade, make sure you buy the 360 deg dual contact 3157 replacement bulb towers like these:

45-LED Tower Type 3157 Bulb Specifications

make sure you order the red ones... reason for buying these in particular is so that the bulb tower projects light throughout the reflector dish inside of the taillight housing and lights the whole housing instead of just having a hotspot in the center from outward facing led's only. Here is an example of the type of resistor you need to buy:

Load Resistor Kits

Any q's on this tech spec craziness, feel free to ask guys, and I hope I can at least save one person a headache down the road.

ATTENTION: I AM NOT REPPING OR SUGGESTING THAT ANYONE BUY SUPERBIGHTLED PRODUCTS, NOR AM I REPPING THEM AS A DEALER, THEIR WEBSITE WAS JUST HANDY TO HELP EXPLAIN AND GIVE EXAMPLES AND PICTURES
97 F250 4x4 ex. cab long box SRW: AB cali splits, Dyno Sources chip, Baldwin P2818, 3"-3.5" two piece DP, 4" straight pipe, solid axle swap, 1ton suspension, powerslot rotors, procomp 7028's, Falken 285's, operation: de-chromatization in progress. Stock ford E4OD w/ stock cooler
Old 11-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Elder User

IowanStraight6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know what your talking about our tow truck at work have them when the brake is applied they flash twice quickley then stay on i think those would be sweet to have. But the page jim has looks like they would be annoying as hell them flashing all the time i would think its a cop
You rarely use 1st unless you start on a hill with some a-hole trying to check your prostate with his prius. Unlike ricers we can't get parts at Walmart ...
Then Ford blew it totally with the 10th gen and it never got better since.
96 f150 4wd, 4R70W 302V8, super cab 8' bed, Tow Pac. daily driver
Old 11-30-2010, 11:23 PM