Any interest in a 61 econoline pickup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:09 AM
rhkcommander959
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any interest in a 61 econoline pickup?

All the glass is in pristine shape, body is in good shape a couple dents. Original tailgate is still on has some hinge damage though. It isn't running currently, I believe it has a i6 144 or 170. Was a project but being out a job I can't afford it AND my 87 f-250. I've cleaned up the inside decently and was planning on putting in new seats, tires, and getting it running..

Original paint, white top red bottom

I'll snag some pics tomorrow..

Old 09-25-2010, 01:24 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thems neat trucks. If and when I have my own dirt and shop again that is one I will look for. An a 57 Ranchero.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Fordranchero
Tuned

Item for sale?

So I'm confused, I offered my Falcon on this forum and got a warning and 2 points, shame on me, but do I have to be a senior user to offer a vehicle?
Just looking for clarification.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:13 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Selling in the forums is a no-no. We have a forum just for selling here: Vehicles for Sale - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Old 11-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Fordranchero
Tuned

I understand that now, but yet when I look through forums I see guys making offering all the time and yet I get this result.
Check pre- turbo forum, offering for parts right now.
Different rules for different folks?
Don't what to make a big deal of it really, just seems inconsistant.
Case closed.

Check the following:

I have complete kit, everything you need to install the kit. Including gauges (broken plastic mounts), a new grommet for the CDR from ats, valve cover, air box, fuel hard line, turbo and exhaust components. The turbo is in very good shape with minimal shaft play. It's the non wastegate type. You may need to buy some nuts and bolts from the hardware store.
Make offer.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:47 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,100 Likes on 2,162 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordranchero
I understand that now, but yet when I look through forums I see guys making offering all the time and yet I get this result.
Check pre- turbo forum, offering for parts right now.
Different rules for different folks?
Don't what to make a big deal of it really, just seems inconsistant.
Case closed.

Check the following:

I have complete kit, everything you need to install the kit. Including gauges (broken plastic mounts), a new grommet for the CDR from ats, valve cover, air box, fuel hard line, turbo and exhaust components. The turbo is in very good shape with minimal shaft play. It's the non wastegate type. You may need to buy some nuts and bolts from the hardware store.
Make offer.
if the sales in the forum is not noticed and is not reported, how are the staff to know it is there??

and this was not offered for sale, it was asking if anyone had any intrest in it.
technically, it is not a for sale ad.

yet. only because no price has been put out there.
now the post you showed here is a for sale deal even though there is no price, because it has make offer.
what forum is it listed in??

Old 11-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Fordranchero
Tuned

I don't really want to pursue this topic any further, I am happy to be a member of this forum and thats why I made a financial contribution to it as well.
I just think that this idea of points is childish unless the forum has the ability to monitor all posts.
Remind a member that they posted in an inappropriate area, I made an honest mistake.
If the moderator feels it is nescessary to regulate postings then it should be someone's responsibility to check ALL postings everyday, and that would be ridiculous.
ALL of the guys on this forum have been great to converse with and I look forward at all times to exchanging info and ideas, lets just not be silly about this, that's all I am saying.
Lets drop this OK?
Best to all,
Out to the shop now to put the weather stripping back on the 88 that I just painted with Ford midnight gray heavy metal flake, looks awesome!
Pictures to come soon.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:06 PM
rhkcommander959
Senior User
As was stated, I was gauging interest. Hadnt even considered a price, just want it to go to a good home rather than having it go to China as a cube

I was gonna throw up a thread in the marketplace but I figured I'd ask the people most likely to want it or parts off of it aka 1961-1967 econoline group.

Anyway, had more time to work on it, still need it gone. Can't afford fixing this AND my running truck at the same time. Put 4 new wheels and moderate tread tires on it, cleaned it more. Tried getting the engine to turn but its seized. If I could find a i6 engine I'd probably keep it...

The longer it sits the more cleaning up I can do I guess. Saw a i6 300 on craigs for 300$, but I don't have any money now or I'd just fix it up and drive it around

Old 04-18-2011, 01:40 AM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A 300 would not help you in your situation. A 61 would require a different doghouse and radiator for a 300. Due they are larger engines. They can be installed, but will cost you more time to do the modifications and the costs and frustation against you at this time of financial stress.
I like the truck, but alas I do not have the finances either. Just enough to hold my head above water most times.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:04 AM
rhkcommander959
Senior User
cleaned the engine bay up some, oiled it up and tried turning over... starter kicked in but couldnt get it to budge, crankshaft bolt couldn't barely move it either

Old 07-10-2011, 10:08 AM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds seized.
Open all spark plugs and put diesel fuel in all the cylinders. Let soak over night or for a week topping them up every couple of days. Diesel will get into those stuck rings and loosen them
Had one motor like that . Stuck from sitting. Diesel in. Let soak for a night and next day she was flying when I went to turn it.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,100 Likes on 2,162 Posts
marval mystery oil works good to unstick an engine too.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 PM
rhkcommander959
Senior User
I'll try em both can't remember if I used MM but I did remove all the spark plugs

Old 07-23-2011, 07:32 PM
litefootin
New User
how much did u think a truck like that would fetch ??/ ...dd...

Old 07-29-2011, 04:09 AM
rhkcommander959
Senior User
Originally Posted by litefootin
how much did u think a truck like that would fetch ??/ ...dd...
I know it ain't worth it's weight in gold but some people still like these. I think it's in good shape for 50 years old... I'd feel bad sending it to the scrap yard.

What's 'dd'?

-------
Tried diesel in each cylinder. No budge, gonna guess lower end damage. Was told something went wrong ~20 years ago and it stopped running.

Quick Reply: Any interest in a 61 econoline pickup?