Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Senior User

77f250sc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dually fender light replacement (on an '04)

Before I start,

Anyone have a link to instructions or pics on how to accomplish this?

I see that there is a clip on the back from the parts fisch. Do I need to remove the fender liner to get them out?

Trying to avoid the usual "Dang, shouldn't have done that!"

Thanks

'77
Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Senior User

77f250sc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best Method to Replace

Cut push pins and drop inner liner and replace - takes 15 minutes to do both.

I tried for 1 1/2 hours to try and remove and re-install on bulb to no avail.
Was not able to get inner steel plate to "lock" in place without removing inner liner.

After removal of light discover that I need the socket that holds the bulb and buld. Corrosion has eaten away the elements.

Anywhere on-line to get this part?

Dealer wants $15 for small plug and is a prepurchased part only. May call different dealer as well.

May do LEDs if nothing else.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:09 PM
New User

aaronf350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77f250sc View Post
Anywhere on-line to get this part?

Dealer wants $15 for small plug and is a prepurchased part only. May call different dealer as well.

May do LEDs if nothing else.
I got a replacement from Parts Guy Ed website. Look under "rear lamps->side marker lamps". There's the socket back part (that plugs into the wiring harness), a front part (either amber or red) and then if you need it, you can also get the metal retainer clip.

Turns out I didn't really need the clip after all... I thought mine was missing on my new-to-me truck, but it had just slipped back and was still there hanging on the wiring. Oh well, now I have a replacement just in case.

Installing was relatively easy for me since a bunch of the plastic clips had already come loose from the cover, so I could reach a hand back. Unfortuantely the loose cover meant water sprayed back onto the red one and now I discovered that it's socket is all corroded so I'll need to get a new one of those.

Picked up some replacement plastic clips at the local auto store and good to go. By the way, those new retainer clips can be really tight to squeeze on so you might want to fuss with it a bit ahead of time and see if you can do it first before using it to clip the socket assembly into the dually fender.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:09 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2006, bulb, dually, f350, fender, ford, installlation, light, lights, marker, parts, retainer, side, socket, truck