Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 06:29 AM
New User

Dizzya is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy Belt lamp is off/Air Bag On

Have asked this ones on other forum, didn't get advice yet.

Another try here:

I have a problem with my Expedition 2007. I have two issues - Air Bag lamp is on without codes (ignition is ON, the lamp lights, then turns off for 3 seconds, then turns on again and no flashing at all); Safety Belts lamp is off - it doesn't turns on even during "test" on ignition ON or later, there is no chimes sound if the belt is not buckle.

From my understanding. The SRS system controls many things including impact sensors, passenger presence sensors as well as a belt sensor. If the Air Bag blinks it means the Air Bag controller checking status of each component. Finally it makes the Air Bag lamp to be switched on. So should be not SRS controller as was recommended by Service.

The Belt Lamp behavior - on the ignition ON the lamp should be switched on as any such kind of lamps just to show that the lamp is in good condition if not user supposed to change it. In my case the Belt lamp is always off. Ok. I'll check it (btw, is any manual how to change these lamps?) but it is too earlier for the car 3 years old. What I'm wondering why there is no alarm if you goes unbuckled? If the lamp only is out chimes should work. Is any fuser for the Belt chain?

From the SRS side. If the Belt is out of order, for instance contact in the buckle itself or connectors, in that case Belt lamp still be switched on unless the driver Belt chain is always in "linked" position. In that case is possible to disassembly the buckle to check linked connectors or I should go through all chain? Can somebody advise is any specific connector? I found one just on the right side of the chair in the small "pocket". Is this only one?

One more thought. Is it possible that the failed lamp for the Belt may cause Air Bag lamp lighting?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Senior User

function12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did someone unplug the seat connector?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:38 PM
New User

There was a problem with driver seat memory. It doesn't returned into stored position. So, the service fix it. I suppose they touched connectors. Why?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would take it in. Not worth the airbags not working to save a couple bucks.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:18 PM
New User

You are perfectly correct. The question is not about spending money. The problem for me that in my region (Kazakhstan) the dealer had cancel his agreement with Ford this year. The SRS controller still under warranty, but due to above Ford do not supply this spare part. I'm awaiting from March, 2010.

So, for me is a question should I buy from somebody the SRS controller or finally it is something different. Moreover dealer didn't wants to disclose the part number ...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
air, bag, bulb, codes, expedition, f150, ford, trucks