6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Got my free DEF Fill 2.5 gallons,,,2176 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:32 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Got my free DEF Fill 2.5 gallons,,,2176 miles

Yup was sitting in the service bay talking to the Service writer and he said look at your exahust fluid level.< We were talking about the inteli=life oil change >I did and it said "less than half full". I was shocked and so was he. With only 2176 miles. Only towed once for about 300 miles. Otherwise just driving. He said we will fill it up for free. He told me each dealership is allowed only 50 total free def fill ups <1per truck per dealership>.
I honestly believe the make ready department doesn't check the def level and thats why FORD has offered this incentive"correction".

Does that sound logical or do you think I will be putting in 2.5 gallons every 2000 miles? Thats a little more than 1 gallon per 1,000 miles. Thats insane.

My service writer then asked me if I got my FREE gallon of def when I bought the truck. I said no. So he gave me one and it's behind the seat.

Looks like I have some answers myself in 2,000 miles.

Anyone else?

Shane

Old 09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the free gallon of DEF a dealer incentive or from Ford?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by cirrus365
Is the free gallon of DEF a dealer incentive or from Ford?
I had a dealer do my flash who wasn't my selling dealer. I asked him about the free DEF and he pulled an oasis report that showed nothing was pending. Acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. Clearly this is not an incentive that Ford completes for every VIN like the flash. It must be a coupon that comes from Ford or it's a dealer offered deal.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
not a gallon, its a refill/top off

GET YOUR FIRST TANK OF 6.7L EXHAUST FLUID FREE! fullerisford.com
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ade-23129.html
"
“For customers who haven’t yet taken advantage of this free offer for a DEF top-off, the software upgrade might be the perfect time to come in and have both services at once, free of charge,” said Doug Scott, Truck Group Marketing Manager, in a release."

sam

Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
Thanks. So it is a Ford incentive.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:02 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
I bet my dealer wont know anything about it....

Old 09-21-2010, 04:22 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
GUYS!!!!

Your all missing the point of my post....

2000 miles and already was 2.5 gallons low....Does this not worry anyone? Anyone else have this issue? Any opinions on weather the make ready dept isn't checking the def levels before delivery?

A gallon was given to me.My dealership says it goes with every 2011 diesel they sell it's like 12.99 at the dealership, 5.00 everywhere else.....no biggie. You selfish tightwads....

Shane

Old 09-21-2010, 04:23 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by sdetweil
not a gallon, its a refill/top off

GET YOUR FIRST TANK OF 6.7L EXHAUST FLUID FREE! fullerisford.com
2011 Ford Super Duty Owners Get Free Power Upgrade - autoevolution
"
“For customers who haven’t yet taken advantage of this free offer for a DEF top-off, the software upgrade might be the perfect time to come in and have both services at once, free of charge,” said Doug Scott, Truck Group Marketing Manager, in a release."

sam
I Got BOTH!!!

Shane

Old 09-21-2010, 04:26 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
BTW, for you "non-helpful" guys, I'll give you some help....

DEF INFO:

Two new incentives from Ford... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

50.00 off first scheduled Maint:

Service Rebates | Rebate Offers & Info for Ford, Lincoln or Mercury | FLMowner.com

Shane

Old 09-21-2010, 05:34 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Shane -

The whole "cost of DEF" issue is a non-starter. I added 4 gallons at 5,500 miles and that worked out to be just over one-third of a cent per mile. Can I just ask the obvious question here? Who cares? DEF provides great value to offset the minuscule cost. It's been a fun discussion point up till now but this is a mountain out of a molehill concern. Much ado about nothing. A bean in the bottom of the barrel. There are probably a thousand other idioms that can be used here and they could all have the acronym DEF right next to them.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:41 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Shane -

The whole "cost of DEF" issue is a non-starter. I added 4 gallons at 5,500 miles and that worked out to be just over one-third of a cent per mile. Can I just ask the obvious question here? Who cares? DEF provides great value to offset the minuscule cost. It's been a fun discussion point up till now but this is a mountain out of a molehill concern. Much ado about nothing. A bean in the bottom of the barrel. There are probably a thousand other idioms that can be used here and they could all have the acronym DEF right next to them.
Hold off there Cowboy/...Who said ANYTHING about cost?

Well, I have been a member here for awhile, but have really been on here since I bought my truck. Money is not the issue, I'm sure you can see that from my original post, or even my second. My reasoning for the post is to see if ANYONE else has gone through def that fast.....It seems to be shockingly high? Not to you?..Well thanks for your input. I will still ask for others factual input.

If thats ok with you.

BTW, for all you know yuors wasn't filled at delivery either,..or maybe it was. THATS the REASON for this Thread.
Shane

Old 09-21-2010, 06:17 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
No problem, it's ok with me. And I'll take that cowboy characterization as a compliment.

I made the leap to the cost issue on my own. Seems most folks think DEF is expensive and I would ask, "Compared to what?" Half a penny per mile to keep your dpf cleaner and the ozone layer happier seems like a great investment. The DEF system also adds more power and mileage compared to the EGR systems of old (think Dodge).

I've read various reports of usage anywhere from 3,500 miles to 10,000 miles. Sounds like you're in the lower end of the zone. And yes, I do not know if my tank was full when I took the truck. It would actually be good for me if it wasn't because that would mean my DEF is lasting longer than I thought. Time will tell...

Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I thought usage was approx 5gal/5000 miles.. so you are at 2.5 gals for 2000 miles.. not out of whack..

sam

Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Thank-you, thats the answer....I'm searching for.Just trying to get a general knowledege. The only way to that is to ask. Even if you do get beat up a little. Which I don't think this exact issue has been compared, yet. Like I stated, I will have a more definate answer in about 2,000 miles. If you reach that milestone before me please let me know. Also whats strange is no alarm,warning or anything went off before hand. We actually stumbled across the "less than 1/2 full".

BTW, Thank-you for your videos and all the help to this forum. I for one truly appreciate the time and effort you take to help everyone out. You are an asset to this place and again, Thank-you.

I like Cowboy better than Cowlick....

Respectfully,
Shane

Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by sdetweil
I thought usage was approx 5gal/5000 miles.. so you are at 2.5 gals for 2000 miles.. not out of whack..

sam
Well technically they just added 2.5. Thats what they use to fill the truck with...a 2.5 gallon bottle. It could be,playing the devils advocate, even lower than 2.5 gallons and just got me to above the half mark. Can't you guys see what I'm getting at?..There is still no way for certain to know if it's full now. It just says it's OK.

SHane

Quick Reply: Got my free DEF Fill 2.5 gallons,,,2176 miles