Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2010, 07:46 AM
Freshman User

Kipg is starting off with a positive reputation.
2012 Expedition Redesign

I know I know the 2011's are just hitting the lots, but I would think if the 2012 is going to be a major redesign some info would be leaking soon. I have done some searching, but haven't found much info. Has anyone seen anything that says for sure 2012 is going to be the year we see some major body changes?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Junior User

nruggiero is starting off with a positive reputation.
No I would expect somewhere around 2013 or 2014my. The F-150 should get redesigned also. The F-150 and the Expedition will probably share platforms. Hopefully the Expedition is enlarged and discontinues the EL and renames it the Excursion.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Junior User

GlassLeather&Wood is starting off with a positive reputation.
The Expedition and F-150 already share platforms. Expedition has always been based on the F-150, that attribute has never changed. You could think of the F-150 as the Expeditionís parent vehicle. They have always shared common DNA.

Over the years the Expedition has mainly departed from the F-150 in appearance. Sheet metal differences do not matter; it is whatís under the sheet metal that matters.

The only major mechanical difference is the Expedition has 4-wheel (front and rear) independent suspension. The F-150 just has a front independent suspension. Iím stating the obvious at this point.

The outgoing Expedition rides on the hydroformed and fully boxed T1 platform (frame). Donít let the name fool you. Its all F-150 with a few minor tweaks to tailor the chassis for the Expedition.

An all-new Expedition or refreshed Expedition is due around 2012 (possibly for the 2013 model year). At this point its looking like a refreshed Expedition is on its way. Plans for an all-new Expedition (according to some reports) have been put on the backburner.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Freshman User

Kipg is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can guarantee you whenever I finally decide to replace current Expedition the following year will be a redesign.....
Old 09-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Senior User

gpfarrell is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's a good reason to get a Navigator... they, uhh, might never be redesigned.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:08 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I was kind of surprised to see the 5.4L still in service for the 2011 Expy. I was expecting to see the 5.0L or the 6.2L make it's debut in this segment.

Perhaps a redesign or major freshening is due pretty soon to make the appropriate changes in the engine line-up.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Elder User

montecarlo31 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipg View Post
I can guarantee you whenever I finally decide to replace current Expedition the following year will be a redesign.....
no that's my statement to make thank you very much.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Elder User

radzer0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know this post is a little old, but im hoping they take the AWD system out of the harley truck and offer it on the expedition. In a couple years when the redesign and the ecoboost setup finaly comes out on them I may verywell be looking to downsize a little (depending on kids, etc). I like to mash and go in the rain if i need to get moving and not spin my tires.

As for the comment on the expedition. Unless they use a superduty underneith I dont wanna see that. Id consider another diesel expedition if they re released it but that might have a 5-10% chance of happening.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
People have been wishing for a diesel in an expy since they came out 13 years ago. You know what they, wish in one hand, crap in another, see which one fills up first.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Elder User

I ment to say excursion diesel. Sorry
Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Junior User

nruggiero is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've seen spy pics 3yrs ago of a 4.4 liter in the Expedition and Navigator, but it seems like that project was put on the backburner.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Elder User

Ford sold the 4.4L diesel to tata for use in some of there vehicles. Jag, Range rover, and from what some rumors show. The same big trucks like you see in IRT deadliest roads.

They dont move enough air volume to be certified here with emissions. But other places they can pass there laws.

Dont ask me to explain what they dont move enough air to do, I have no idea. I was just told it all came down to emissions.

Cummings has a new 5.0L diesel there putting out for the 1500 dodge trucks. So I wouldnt be suprized if maybe there is a baby 6.7L floating around somewhere in development. Basicly a scaled down with all the same high quality traits.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Elder User

Bowie is starting off with a positive reputation.
I doubt the diesel is on the way, maybe the 3.5 ecoboost if we are lucky.
2003 F350 Lariat 4X4 7.3 Auto, 6" lift, 35 toyo mudders, 4" exhaust, 6637, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, Live tuned DP Tuner (45mph valet, Drive Thru, 40 tow, 60 tow, 80 tow, 60 Econo, 80 Econo, 100 perf, 120 race, 140 Extreme, 140 Aggressive), BTS VB, RiffRaff (WW, HPX, FRX, Bellowed UP-pipes, OCR, CCV).
Old 08-13-2011, 08:34 AM
New User

ashleyd is starting off with a positive reputation.
2012 redesign of Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipg View Post
I know I know the 2011's are just hitting the lots, but I would think if the 2012 is going to be a major redesign some info would be leaking soon. I have done some searching, but haven't found much info. Has anyone seen anything that says for sure 2012 is going to be the year we see some major body changes?
Hi. I have a 2010 Expedition Limited. I was going to trade it in for the 2011 Expedition Limited, but I go to school with a Ford UAW president and he told me to wait for the 2012. He said they are changing a lot of things, and I'd be really upset if I bought the '11 before the '12 came out.
I hope this helps..
Old 08-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Elder User

5.4T has a good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a good reputation on FTE.
Wow xtremely good news to hear!! Hope they make it like the f150 if not better!!! About time hopefully the can give the naviagator the 6.2 w/ turbo to finnaly take the escalade and same gos 4 the expedition but first thing first increase Mpgs!!! Damn not so far away from 2012 can't wait to see what's in store
Old 08-14-2011, 03:01 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
150, 2012, 2013, diesel, escape, expedition, expedtion, f150, ford, fors, lincoln, navigator, redesign, redesigned, trucks