Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Senior User

rhkcommander959 is starting off with a positive reputation.
diesel compression tester

Short version - Anyone got one i could use/borrow? I've got an idi
----------
bought one online, first cylinder it said 240 psi then dropped the lil oring and found it, tried the next the gauge didn't work said 0 - nearly pooped bricks at 240 psi and 0 psi... thought dead piston even though she aint knockin (more than a diesel should at least afaik). tried on everything else, gauge is dead.

had a gauge from harbor freight from a friend, my fitting wouldn't fit in his so I rigged up an adapter that used parts from the other gauge to make it work and replaced the shrader valve in my fitting since the harbor freight fitting doesnt fit without snipping their shrader valve (which we did along time ago) and thought that caused the gauge to flutter - installing my fitting with the shrader valve it STILL flutters meaning the gauge is busted . What is up with these 90° angles on the diesel gauges anyway?

I'd believe the 240 psi reading, but the fact it only lasted one test... leaves me wondering. If the weather doesnt stay bad I'd like to test the compression one last time on all 8 so I got an idea on how bad my motor is doing. It runs, but I have a feeling I need rings and a hone to say the least. sucks because i wanted to do the test when I swapped to the beru glow plugs but then the gauges both failed.

I'm in north salem and can meet if no one is around this area.. although not sure on when with how the weather is holding
Old 09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Senior User

rhkcommander959 is starting off with a positive reputation.
thanks anyway...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Sorry, can't help ya... Don't have a compression tester, don't know much about the IDI's, and not back in Oregon yet.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
1995, 60, compreesion, compression, diesel, ford, tester