Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

F250 sway bars..

Old 09-16-2010, 12:11 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
F250 sway bars..

I located and bought a front and rear sway bar for the F250. They came of a '78 F250 but they came complete with all the brackets. Well almost...
The front sway bar bracket that connects to the I-beam sits under the coil spring and is held in place by the large bolt that holds the spring , radius arm and I-beam together. ugh! No simple task to remove or re-install so i had to leave them behind. If I had brought the cutting torch....but then the owner still wanted to drive the truck that wouldn't work.
I may have to fab something up. But if any one has an 73-79 2wd F250 laying around please hack of these brackets and send them my way ! Hey Jeff, you listnening?
No rush because i realized that the reciever hitch I mounted to the front of the truck to hold the spare tire covers up the sway bar mounting holes quite nicely! Back to the drawing board.....

The rear bar should go on no problem. One of the link ends was rusted thin where the bushings sat so I had to build it back up to the right diameter. I bought new bushings and should get the rear bar on this weekend.
I think the "Palace" will be much better behaved with the rear sway bar in place.

and then it will be soon time to get things into storage ....someplace!

Frank

Old 09-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of storage were you looking for?

Originally Posted by fp_5
I located and bought a front and rear sway bar for the F250. They came of a '78 F250 but they came complete with all the brackets. Well almost...
The front sway bar bracket that connects to the I-beam sits under the coil spring and is held in place by the large bolt that holds the spring , radius arm and I-beam together. ugh! No simple task to remove or re-install so i had to leave them behind. If I had brought the cutting torch....but then the owner still wanted to drive the truck that wouldn't work.
I may have to fab something up. But if any one has an 73-79 2wd F250 laying around please hack of these brackets and send them my way ! Hey Jeff, you listnening?
No rush because i realized that the reciever hitch I mounted to the front of the truck to hold the spare tire covers up the sway bar mounting holes quite nicely! Back to the drawing board.....

The rear bar should go on no problem. One of the link ends was rusted thin where the bushings sat so I had to build it back up to the right diameter. I bought new bushings and should get the rear bar on this weekend.
I think the "Palace" will be much better behaved with the rear sway bar in place.

and then it will be soon time to get things into storage ....someplace!

Frank
The campground I both my trailers at is close and quite reasonable.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:30 PM
LightningRyan
Senior User
Sorry no Brackets but storage Brad Clements 905 878 6576. That's where I keep my Truck great price. Cement floor but no heat.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:46 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Update,....rear sway bar on, finished late Sunday nitght an didn't test drive it until yesterday. Great improvement on the highway and even noticable a low speed when turning. I can't wait to get the front one on now as it will stiffen things up even more.

So for storage,,,,what exactly is a great price? I'd like to find something closer than the hills of Courtice or way out by the Milton Hilton. Indoor would be great but I'd need a 12 foot clearance to get inside. What do you guys pay? Whats reasonable?

Frank

Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Can't help you with storage, but did you find the front mounts yet? I looked at grabbing one of an F250 for my F150 a few years ago, but yeah, looking at the i-beam mounting brackets discouraged me from going back to the auto wreckers to grab it.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:21 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
No brackets yet, I may post in the classified section of FTE with a picture from the manual . Not hard to remove if your in the garage but different story if your out in a field with limited tools.

Frank

Old 09-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Well the campground regular rate........

Originally Posted by fp_5
No brackets yet, I may post in the classified section of FTE with a picture from the manual . Not hard to remove if your in the garage but different story if your out in a field with limited tools.

Frank
Is $250 per Annam but because I have a seasonal site he only charges $100 for the year for the little fibreglass beachcomber.

I can ask for you next time I'm at the trailer if he'd be OK with the storage of the palace and how much it would cost if you'd like.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:49 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Frank been busy at work lately so just checking stuff out. I have the front brackets that you need. They are not removed as you can imagine so I'll take a look and see how seized up they are.

TFC

Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Thanks Jeff,
A torch would be the easiest way provided you don't want to save the I beam or coil spring. There's no rush since I have to revisit my spare tire mount to clear the front sway bar. Definitely a project that will take up most of a weekend.

frank

Old 10-08-2010, 09:09 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
I have a set Frank. The frame is already cut and being used as engine craddle. All I need is to sell the 390 and the job will be real easy.

TFC