Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

Nominations/Volunteers For Michigan Chapter Leader

Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nominations/Volunteers For Michigan Chapter Leader

Nominations for Michigan Chapter Leader are now open.

Before nominating someone, be sure they are willing to accept the position.

Nominees/Volunteers please introduce yourself and provide a brief detail of what you do and where you live. Also, please add your first name to your signature if it's not already there.

If you have any questions feel free to send a PM to myself or glruff or otherwise post your question.

Chapter Leader Guidelines and qualifications are here:https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

Chapter Guidelines are here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I would like to drop my name in..

Not taking anything away from William.. But I think this might be fun, and a chance to get to know more of you, and try to get some more Chapter events going.

I understand that this is a large group, and a large area to deal with, but I would like the opertunity to try.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:57 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Great to see that you are willing to lead the chapter Pat. As requested in post #1, how about adding a little background for the MI members?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:07 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by glruff
Great to see that you are willing to lead the chapter Pat. As requested in post #1, how about adding a little background for the MI members?
I can do that ( Or should I say, I should have done that)

Hi all, My name is Pat Franks, I have been a member here on FTE since Feb 2007. I found this place looking for information on my truck. As you can see, I have been Hooked on FTE since.

I am a Maintenance Manager for an Aerospace company in Warren Mi, been employed with this company for the 18 years.

I am married with 2 children, both boys, and I am proud to say they are all BOY.. We shall see how happy I am with that when they become teenagers, although I am pretty sure they will do no worse then their dad. My Poor Wife.

My intrest are , My Family, Tinkering with the truck, and most anything out doors, so if elected expect some camping and canoeing plans.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:54 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
William, thank you for your prior service as chapter leader, but its time to take the chapter to the next level under new leadership.

Everyone is free to read the chapter leader and chapter guidelines at the links in the first post.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:41 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
To the Michigan Chapter members:

Originally Posted by Chapter Leader Guidelines
3. FTE Rights: FTE reserves the right to approve Chapter Leader nominee's for each chapter, and to remove a Chapter Leader when it is in the best interest of the chapter.
Originally Posted by Chapter Guidelines
3. Chapter Leader Qualifications: In order to qualify as a nominee for the Chapter Leader position, the candidate must be at least age 21 and a registered user on FTE for a minimum of 60 days at the time of nomination. (Clarified 01/27/2009)

4. The Chapter Leader Election Process: To select a Chapter Leader: After notifying a Regional Chapters Moderator, a thread in your chapter forum shall be opened for 30 days to take nominations from willing candidates to fill the position. When the nomination poll is closed, FTE will provide a list of approved candidates from that poll for the final vote . A 14 day poll will then be opened for the membership to elect their new Chapter Leader from this list of approved candidates.

In the event no one is nominated or elected to the position of Chapter Leader all member approvals will be put on "Auto-Approve". FTE shall be the sole arbiter of the Chapters viability, and will make all decisions regarding it's continued existence.
William was given the opportunity to resign as chapter leader for reasons well known to him. He ignored repeated requests by the FTE moderation team to comply with the FTE guidelines, the Chapter guidelines and the Chapter Leader guidelines. Since he chose to ignore the repeated requests, William was removed by FTE for the benefit of the chapter.

William will not be considered for this position. Any questions, you can PM me or any of the sites Adminstrators.

Further posts nominating, or voting(this is not a thread for voting) for William will continued to be deleted as off topic.

George,
Regional Chapters Moderator

Old 08-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Rich

I would like to back Pat on his nomination.

I would be more than happy to help out from the north.

I have been active here in the Michigan Chapter since I joined FTE. Have been involved in a few of the GTG's and have always tried to be supportive to all the members.

Good luck Pat, I'm sure you'll do a great job. You know I'm here for you if you need help.

Toyman

Old 08-18-2010, 05:24 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like Rich, I would also like to back Pat on his nomination.

After spending some time with Pat at the Michigan GTG, meeting up with him at Hooter's to exchanges some truck parts , talking with him over the phone, and reading his post on the 7.3 diesel forum, I'm sure that Pat would do a great job as the new Michigan chapter leader. Best of luck to you Pat.

I also would like to thank William for all that he has done for the Michigan chapter. Thank you William.....

Old 08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Thanks Mark!

Old 08-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Sgt Wonderful
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nominee for Michigan Chapter leader

Tim Peterson

Old 08-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Tim Peterson quit FTE.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 PM
greenmachinejohn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to nominate myself. I am from southern lower michigan. I have a 1968 Ford F-100, 1997 Ford F-150 and 1995 Ford F-150. I have grown up in a Ford family and enjoy talking and meeting all my FTE Friends. I started on these forums when I started restoring my 1968. I enjoy the meet and greets and would like to have more of them. Maybe try to start a truck show here in Michigan. I have a lot of great ideas. FTE has always helped me with information and i would enjoy to help back. I meet all the requirements posted.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Sgt Wonderful
More Turbo
Chapter Leader

John, I think you would be an asset to this organization.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Semper Fordelis
Senior User
Semper Fordelis's Self-Nomination

Hello everyone,

My name is Ted Nanko, I am currently serving in the United States Marine Corps and hold the rank of Gunnery Sergeant. I am an Infantryman by trade and have held a variety of positions during my 15 years in the service. The reason that this is important is that I have been responsible for logistics, training, mentoring, transportation, housing, discipline, welfare and a whole list of other things for Marines numbering up to 300 and more. I have always loved and flourished in that type of environment even in the worst of times. Helping people find efficient and effective ways to solve their problems and improve their lives is just something I enjoy. I would love to carry what I'm good at into one of my hobbies as well.

My love for anything with a motor has been in me since before I can remember. The first truck I can remember was a 70ish, 4x4, turd brown F-something shoving snow down the road as fast as it could go....loud, huge and amazing. Anytime I could ride with my neighbor, I’d clamber on board in an instant!

I have owned everything from a 64 1/2 Mustang to a 1974 Toyota Celica GT. I have owned in excess of 80 cars in my short 37 years on this planet and I’ve turned a wrench on every one of them. Most of my cars and all of my trucks have been Fords. I have been drag racing, done road courses, 4 wheeled, towed trailers, filled a 66' F100 over the bed-rails with stumps from my yard and shingles for my roof.

My latest project is an "expedition" style build that I want to drive to South America after I retire...the short goal is to have a massive, safe and capable jump point for myself and my kids to explore the wonderful state of Michigan and the United States while towing my 33’ camper. I’ve been away a while and it’s time to get reacquainted with the place I was born and raised.

My brother is currently living with me and helping me watch my kids for the summer, because we are family and that's what we do. His payment… A 1966 F-100... naturally...because that's how we think and it’s what I and all 4 of my brother's love...wrenching, talking shop and hanging out in the garage long after all the neighbors have gone to sleep!

I'm sure that most of you will look at my profile and have a big WTF! My current location is Carlsbad, California. I am stationed here but currently hold orders to Michigan. I will be working in Lansing as of March, 02 , 2011 and I plan to live in Dansville or Fowlerville, which leaves me located between the Capital and the Motorcity ,which will be convenient for finding venues for our events.
And why would I want to be the leader of the Michigan Forums? Well, first, I just think it would be damn fun that's why! Second it sounds like this place may be ready for some change and I would be new to the Michigan Forum, but not new to FTE.

My plan would be to get input from all the members over the next few months on what they would like to see happen here, but I think mixing it up is always good: shows, camping, 4 wheeling, BBQ's and garage builds and some racing for good measure....I think we should do things to get everyone involved, in the Chapter and in the community.

I read in a post that said only 8 people read the posts in this forum and even worse, there are only 5 or so people pinned on the map! That’s a problem, and I have what it takes to change it, so let’s get membership up and go from there!
Thanks you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Ted Nanko (AKA Semper Fordelis)

Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Semper Fordelis
Senior User
I don't retire for 5 years. My kids live in Michigan...I'm moving back to be close to them, as long as they are in Michigan I will be too! They are 7 and 10 so they will be there for a while.

This is my twilight tour, so I retire after this, I intend to by a small ranch in MI (with a big barn!) and I will be able to sit back and tinker until my hearts content.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nominations/Volunteers For Michigan Chapter Leader