Sponsored by: DP Tuner

2001 F-350 7.3 PS lack of power

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
lyaws
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RPelkey
Below these instructions are for hooking up an the wire harness on the controler to the ICP sensor. Hope this can help you locate the sensor. I personally have not worked on this engine.
Connect the supplied ICP sensor wiring harness to the supplied main wiring harness in the engine compartment. Disconnect the stock wiring harness at the sensor located above the valve cover on the driver’s side towards the front of the engine. Plug the supplied ICP sensor connector into the stock ICP sensor on the engine and the stock engine wiring harness connector into the supplied ICP sensor connector.
NOTE: The ICP connector is on the drivers side of the engine located close to the engine removal ring under the boost hose – Notice the BLUE gasket. The ICP connector is NOT located at the front of the engine, as that is a coolant sensor!
DO I disconnect it and try to run the engine or just disconnect it and reconnect the harness to reset the faults?

Old 09-15-2010, 01:55 PM
RPelkey
Former Vendor
To me your problem sounds like the sensor is not increasing the fuel pressure. So essentially it right now your truck is acting like it is unpluged. You may need a new sensor. If you have a check engine light you will need a scan tool to clear the code. You can do this at your local autozone or Oriley's.

Unfortunatley I have not worked on this truck so I don't know what test you can perfom on the icp to see if its working correctly. I would recomend getting a mitchel or chiltons manual for your truck they will tell you how to check the sensor

Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
lyaws
New User
To me your problem sounds like the sensor is not increasing the fuel pressure. So essentially it right now your truck is acting like it is unpluged. You may need a new sensor. If you have a check engine light you will need a scan tool to clear the code. You can do this at your local autozone or Oriley's.

Unfortunatley I have not worked on this truck so I don't know what test you can perfom on the icp to see if its working correctly. I would recomend getting a mitchel or chiltons manual for your truck they will tell you how to check the sensor
Thank You for your assistance.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:43 PM
izzybird
Elder User

Here's the sensor locations if you still need it. Where are you located? The reason I ask is because alot of people on here have nice scantools to get some readings off your truck and alot of people on here are willing to lend a helping hand. Your in good company here.

The scantool at Autozone or O'reilly or others for that matter, generally won't read much on our trucks.

My truck, with stock tunes, rarely sees EGT's of 1100 under load.

With good boost and stock tunes you shouldn't see much smoke when you stomp on it. I get a clean burn and little smoke until I approach 3k rpm where the truck is falling on its face anyway.

I'm not sure why your not getting any more responses, but this will bump you back to the top.

Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2010, 10:37 PM
lyaws
New User
Originally Posted by izzybird
Here's the sensor locations if you still need it. Where are you located? The reason I ask is because alot of people on here have nice scantools to get some readings off your truck and alot of people on here are willing to lend a helping hand. Your in good company here.

The scantool at Autozone or O'reilly or others for that matter, generally won't read much on our trucks.

My truck, with stock tunes, rarely sees EGT's of 1100 under load.

With good boost and stock tunes you shouldn't see much smoke when you stomp on it. I get a clean burn and little smoke until I approach 3k rpm where the truck is falling on its face anyway.

I'm not sure why your not getting any more responses, but this will bump you back to the top.
Thanks, I am in Amarillo. According to the Ford house and my mechanic its not throwing any codes. I appreciate all help.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:06 AM
Hunterhabbs
New User
Originally Posted by lyaws
Thanks Will the ICP say ICP or what do I look for?
What about whenever if u stomp on it and it blows smoke mine is chipped I have replaced the fuel lines and I have deleted the mixing chamber but its like the lift pump is stalling out if i unplug the pressure side of the fuel bowl it has plenty of fuel and I blew out the return line I even ran it without the fpr valve it feels like the lift pump is stalling I checked and I have anywhere from 12.5 volts to 13.8 so I really have no idea and I think I have just about tryed everything..... If anyone has any input please help!

Old 07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Hunterhabbs
New User

By scanner could I use my programmer to delete my DTC's