1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

2 things: dp lope if you want to hear/ abs light beef

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:13 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 things: dp lope if you want to hear/ abs light beef

well here is my DP lope idol if anyone is interested, and my SMF rattle... but the lope is interesting, but not drivable, instantly revs to 2200rpm and holds for a second or 2, scary to drive LOL
YouTube - Dp lope idol 95 f250 obs 7.3

my second thing is, i did a sweet burnout for the boys the other night and after that my ABS light has coincidentally been on since then, no leaks, no change in the brakes besides it killed my Cruise controle what the heck! any ideas where to start?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:21 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
stupid work computer won't view youtube... Check it later.

Does the RABS have any effect on cruise control? did you check to see if the sensor in the end of the master cylinder got fluid in it? I have no clue on that problem, just some ideas...

Old 09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
my RABS is pretty rusty but the connector is good, ill have to check it and mabe some DIelectric greese? and the one on the master cylinder, pretty sure that sensor will kill the cruise?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:43 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats what i'm saying, I don't know all the things that can be wrong with the ABS light on, but those 2 things I would check. I think the RABS can effect cruise, but it will make the cruise jerky, not shut it down I think. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows these things.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm assuming you checked the fluid level.
I know that light will come on if you are way low on Brake Fluid.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:51 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Okay, let's look at the obvious. You did a "sweet" burnout for your friends. First and foremoest.........sweet, I love a good burnout. Second, you need to check the other ABS sensor that is on the truck. It's on the rear axle. And what does it sit on top of? Gears. What happens to gears sometimes during "sweet" burnouts? Yep, they break sometimes. I would pull that sensor and see what you can see. Make sure it's clean, then jack the rearend up and spin the tires so you can inspect the tone ring through the sensor hole. If it's not damaged or something stuck in it, then you are looking for another problem. But that's where I would start for sure.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Can't rep you duck, but those are my thoughts as well.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:56 PM
rideracelivemx7
Posting Guru
cody it wasnt a rear gear buster but it was a smaller... donut lol ill check that sensor thoe. no weird noises and my speedo is spot on thoe, gps certified!

and before summer is officially done, im going to a sick burnout and get a video of it for you guys, might as well get the last one out before i stop beating on my poor tires lol its been breaking loose on dry pavment in 3d lately LOL

Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
I've had busted spiders in my rear and the rear made no noises or had no issues.

Can't always go by sounds.
The exciter ring could have been damaged if a spider broke and hit it. That will do interesting things.