Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Senior User

bsiebert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Newbie Here

Hey guys,

Just wanted to express that I am a newbie here, living in Duluth, recently bought a 1974 Ford F100 with a 360 V8 with the Ranger package. I already have learned a lot from this forum and want to say thanks for everything so far. Here are some photos of my truck.

My first purchase for the truck was a set of 20in rims for it... I know it sounds ridiculous but i got 5 tires and 4 rims for $150, the chrome is pitted and falling off but I couldn't pass up the deal. I had to bring the front 2 to the machine shop for a little work. Will post pics of them all on as soon as I get it back.

The truck has some rust but is in pretty good shape for a Minnesota truck and I believe it has plenty of potential. I am currently in the market for a newer EFI motor for it, as I want the dependability of EFI and I really do not know much about carb'ed engines. Funny to think that I am much more comfortable with the newer computerized systems than I am with the old stuff, but as I am only 24 I've never really had the chance or need to work on a carb'ed vehicle. I'm going to scope out an EFI 5.0 out of a Crown Vic tomorrow and hopefully will be able to pick up the motor and tranny for cheap.

I'm excited for this truck and the potential it has.... give me a nice clean old pickup any day over a brand new truck! There are only a few things better in life than cruising down the highway in an old pickup with the wing windows open and the sun shining.

Well I hope to be able to share my knowledge and contribute to the forums as much as possible! Once again thanks for the help this site has already provided to me!

Brandon
Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
MN Chapter Ldr

fordpower88 is a splendid one to beholdfordpower88 is a splendid one to beholdfordpower88 is a splendid one to beholdfordpower88 is a splendid one to beholdfordpower88 is a splendid one to beholdfordpower88 is a splendid one to behold
Welcome Brandon!! There is a great bunch of guys here! Your truck looks to be in good shape! The swap to an efi would be cool. Hopefully that Crown Vic works out for ya! Don't worry we wont hold the 20's against ya! LOL There is at least one other member that I know of in Duluth and that is Miles aka bigdummyford. There is a GTG this weekend down in the cities so if your not doing anything you should buzz down and say hi! Be sure to stop by the Sept chit chat thread and BS a little!
'04 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0, 71,000 miles
Old 09-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Post Fiend

HP junkie has a very good reputation on FTE.HP junkie has a very good reputation on FTE.HP junkie has a very good reputation on FTE.
Welcome Brandon!
Wow, nice pics. It will be a good project for ya. You'll have to keep us posted on the progress. be sure to stop back and chat often.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Junior User

hotrod_heart is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome! I myself am a newbie here, great bunch of guys in here. Very welcoming. Oh btw
Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Postmaster

mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.
Brandon, Welcome . Also make sure you join the mn chapter. There is a link in my Signature at the bottom....
07 VW Eos
SOLD, lol
http://www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Post Fiend

DieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to beholdDieselCamper01 is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the MN Chapter and FTE Brandon.

2001 F350 Lariat CC LB 4X4, Various mods
http://www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter