Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Not good news today

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 12:03 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not good news today

Thanks again to everyone who worked on the truck today I appreciate the help more than you know. Now for the bad news. I got my MRI results back today and my outlook is pretty grim. The new scans and report show that I have 3 (no joke this time) herniations in my Thorasic (middle) part of my back. They will NOT be doing surgery since that requires splitting your sternum and taking all your organs out. Please DO NOT post I am sorry posts. I just wanted you folks to know why I might not be on here in a while. Back to the beers, have a good night and please LIFT PROPERLY........

Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
So what you are saying is you have to deal with it forever? There is no option to fix them? Have one for me since I am at work today. Take care and keep us posted.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:31 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Cory since they can't find whats causing my lower back pain I am pretty much screwed. I am not willing to risk them taking all my organs out and setting them aside to fix this since my lower back is shot anyway. It just leaves it wide open for more complications. I will just suck it up and live the best life I can............

Old 09-12-2010, 01:28 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
What! We can just schedule a GTG for that. It can't be that hard can it? Troy has a lot of specialty tools we can use.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That sucks Tom!! Like Cory said maybe there is a at home kit or something? LOL Remember laughter is the best medicine!

Old 09-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver

I'm with Cory on this one. I believe between Dave, Troy, myself and maybe even Eric with some of his woodworking tools, we should have enough tools to rebuild your back for you. It might not be under the most sanitary conditions (could use the table we used to rebuild your turbo) and the brake cleaner might be a little harsh on the internals but we can do it!!!

All kidding aside, that is a pretty crappy deal all around, I for one will be there for (almost)anything you want or need and I'm sure the rest of the guys will be too.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You can count on my help for most anything also Tom. I do have my limits though. LOL

Old 09-13-2010, 01:24 AM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Damn Mike I cringed, then laughed at the brake cleaner.......I appreciate it guys and all the stuff you have done for me. It truly really really sucks that I have to stand and watch. It drives me nut but now I have to be very careful because one wrong move doing anything can cause those three to rupture. Its bad enough one is pressing on the nerve enough so they can see it on the MRI. You folks are the best, Thanks for everything....

Old 09-13-2010, 06:53 AM
arnoldhunter
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford79
I'm with Cory on this one. I believe between Dave, Troy, myself and maybe even Eric with some of his woodworking tools, we should have enough tools to rebuild your back for you. It might not be under the most sanitary conditions (could use the table we used to rebuild your turbo) and the brake cleaner might be a little harsh on the internals but we can do it!!!

All kidding aside, that is a pretty crappy deal all around, I for one will be there for (almost)anything you want or need and I'm sure the rest of the guys will be too.

Okay. Probably not nice to make too much light of it. But, that was funny. And on a good note, Napa has 3M brake cleaner on sale for about $2 a can. I used a bunch of it the other day to clean up from my steering project.

Tom, wishing you the best. I recommend you get a second opinion and explore all possibilities, at least so you will be aware of them.

I've never heard of operating on the spine from the front like that. That sounds pretty horrible.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:09 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by arnoldhunter

Okay. Probably not nice to make too much light of it. But, that was funny. And on a good note, Napa has 3M brake cleaner on sale for about $2 a can. I used a bunch of it the other day to clean up from my steering project.

Tom, wishing you the best. I recommend you get a second opinion and explore all possibilities, at least so you will be aware of them.

I've never heard of operating on the spine from the front like that. That sounds pretty horrible.
Eric when you meet Tom he can fill you in but he has had trouble for a number of years and has had like 4 surgeries already. He jokes about it pretty good himself so that is why we were all joking with him about it. Just thought I would let you know so you aren't thinking that we are all mean or anything. LOL

Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not gonna be easy Tom. But anything you need help with, I'm more then happy to let you watch! You may think its not helpful, but, outside of Lee you provide the best comic relief!

Old 09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Hey Mike do you still have those 20' steel rods sitting next to your shop, That right there might work. The last surgery I had my wife asked the surgeon if it would be easier to put a zipper in........LOL You gotta love her.......

Eric they rip on me all the time and I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is what you make of it and I usually am pretty good and quick with a response.....I have had three yes THREE surgeons so I an well beyond the 2nd opinion but thanks for suggesting that.

Good afternoon to all

Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by mndiesel
Hey Mike do you still have those 20' steel rods sitting next to your shop, That right there might work. The last surgery I had my wife asked the surgeon if it would be easier to put a zipper in........LOL You gotta love her.......

Eric they rip on me all the time and I wouldn't have it any other way. Life is what you make of it and I usually am pretty good and quick with a response.....I have had three yes THREE surgeons so I an well beyond the 2nd opinion but thanks for suggesting that.

Good afternoon to all
Yes I do Tom, I have 3 different sizes too, so if the 1/2" stuff isn't stout enough we have 5/8" and 3/4" we could try too Oh, and the zipper would be helpful too.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:04 PM
hotrod_heart
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well im a Certified Mig and Stick welder, so we oughta be able to fix ya up good, any good fab guys here?? lol all kidding aside i am sorry to hear about this, i have gotten my *** chewed so many times for lifting things myself i shoudlnt have etc etc, now my motto is work smarter not harder, and if theres a tool for the job to make life easier use it!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by hotrod_heart
Well im a Certified Mig and Stick welder, so we oughta be able to fix ya up good, any good fab guys here?? lol all kidding aside i am sorry to hear about this, i have gotten my *** chewed so many times for lifting things myself i shoudlnt have etc etc, now my motto is work smarter not harder, and if theres a tool for the job to make life easier use it!!!
That has been my motto for some years now, as well as using a tool(machine) instead of your body.

Quick Reply: Not good news today