1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Please list your location and truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Jmadsen,please educate me - what's a Poodle truck? I'm guessing a heavily customized, trailer queen?

Old 09-12-2010, 08:36 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Sometimes I feel I have too many to list, lol. Maybe someday I'll have it narrowed down.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:54 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Took your advice Bob and now have a signature

Old 09-12-2010, 09:33 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by havi
Sometimes I feel I have too many to list, lol. Maybe someday I'll have it narrowed down.
Scott, some day you'll be dead and won't have to worry about having too many, until then keep feeding the addiction!

Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Scott, some day you'll be dead and won't have to worry about having too many, until then keep feeding the addiction!
Just list the bonus builts and or thrifty trucks!

Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by ibuzzard
Jmadsen,please educate me - what's a Poodle truck? I'm guessing a heavily customized, trailer queen?

ya pretty much, like taking a 53 F-350 for example (a Real work truck) and putting some chicken crap MII front end under it with some chinsy aftermarket frame swap with a big block 460 in it with shiny paint.

why would anyone want to drive something like that when you could drive a ridgid old farm or heavy working truck around town?

Don't get me wrong, I like em just about anyway someone can put it together and drive and enjoy them- to each there own. Only reason I'm doing a mostly original is that's going to be the most I can afford.

There are some really really nicely done poodle trucks on here and the owners have spent an incredible amount of time, talent, money and effort to make the truck the way THEY wanted it, And me personally I'm just glad to see another truck on the road vs sitting in a field somewhere or like in my gargae in a million pieces! guess I better get busy

ps. most everybody on here respects each others idea's of what type truck's they want to drive (poster I'm thinking of doens't post here anymore) best rule of thumb, If you don't like a topic that has been posted and ya can't say anything nice or constructive just leave it alone. But sometimes it's hard to ignore I guess. lol

Cheers

Josh

Old 09-12-2010, 10:01 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
Just list the bonus builts and or thrifty trucks!
Well, two things: I don't have any thrifty trucks ( I don't have any manure to spread) and I participate, though somewhat less than here, on the '73-79 forum.

Originally Posted by bobj49f2
In light of recent events, I won't be feeding my addiction. But at least the wife stopped nagging me for having all this stuff already.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

ya pretty much, like taking a 53 F-350 for example (a Real work truck) and putting some chicken crap MII front end under it with some chinsy aftermarket frame swap with a big block 460 in it with shiny paint.

ps. most everybody on here respects each others idea's of what type truck's they want to drive ...

I got ya!......And then there are those of us(me) who only PRETEND to ...."Run what ya brung"

Old 09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by havi
Well, two things: I don't have any thrifty trucks ( I don't have any manure to spread) and I participate, though somewhat less than here, on the '73-79 forum.

In light of recent events, I won't be feeding my addiction. But at least the wife stopped nagging me for having all this stuff already.

Got ya, didn't think about the other years forums one could/would participate in, Duh...
I also didn't think you had any "Thrifty" models but wasn't 100% sure.

and no I'm not talking about this kind of thrifty models!
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ca/lifestyle/n...ro_300x500.jpg

Cheers

Josh

Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 PM
KidShalene
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why would anyone want to drive something like that when you could drive a ridgid old farm or heavy working truck around town?

Don't get me wrong, I like em just about anyway someone can put it together and drive and enjoy them- to each there own. Only reason I'm doing a mostly original is that's going to be the most I can afford.

There are some really really nicely done poodle trucks on here and the owners have spent an incredible amount of time, talent, money and effort to make the truck the way THEY wanted it, And me personally I'm just glad to see another truck on the road vs sitting in a field somewhere or like in my gargae in a million pieces! guess I better get busy

ps. most everybody on here respects each others idea's of what type truck's they want to drive (poster I'm thinking of doens't post here anymore) best rule of thumb, If you don't like a topic that has been posted and ya can't say anything nice or constructive just leave it alone. But sometimes it's hard to ignore I guess. lol

Cheers

Josh

Your Tomatoe is my Tomata..... God I love this country

Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I list location as Erie, PA - Hell evan Bobj found it with an interpception run.
Erie is a hundred miles from nowhere - 100 miles west of Bufflao NY, 100 Miles north of Picksburgher PA, and 100 miles of Cleveland OH. (Can't drive in from north, Lake Erie)
I'm unlisted but my Fans and Stalkers always find me - They just stop by the Cop Shop.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:58 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Dick,did you mean The Chop Shop?Do you guys roll back odometers,and how much?LOL

Old 09-12-2010, 02:09 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Dick dont forget that you are only 50 miles east of good old G O T L ohio

Old 09-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Björn
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
done it to

Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
wulleebullee