Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Postmaster

nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.
Anyone need new bed bolts???

Before any of you get too happy... They are not OEM. I found a place here in Des Moines that will sell me 3-3.5 in long 1/2 diameter carriage bolts in either grade 5 or grade 8.

The only catch is I have to buy a minimum of 40pieces... I figured I would by 42 total bolts and be able to do 7 beds with them... They will not be shanked under the bolts head like fords OEM bolts but they will fit identically to the old ones you cut out. I'll probably even step up from ford's grade 5 to a grade 8 bolt????

If anyone is interested I can ship them out flat rate to you... At my cost is probably around $10... A ton cheaper than what ford wants! $100+ for 6 of the OEM bolts.

Did I say somthing GOOD? Click MY HEART!
Nathan - FTE Iowa Chapter
Old 09-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Post Fiend

TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ford wants 100 bucks for a set of them? Thats rediculous! You might also check out NPD and LMC. Also Fastenal might have something.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:31 AM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
i only paid $43.50 for a set of 6 last month from ford, with the special locknuts.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Postmaster

nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.nstueve has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ouch... that still hurts... I think it's rediculous what ford is charging for the bed bolts... I can get a set of 6 grade 5 non-OEM bolts for and mail them out for just under $10... I just put my bed on with them and they work great!

Only thing i didn't realize is that the two nearest to the cab are 1/2in-1in longer... Oops... had to go back and get some more longer bolts...

Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
there are actually 3 different size bolts. rear, center, and front.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
Old 09-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Postmaster

yeah I know... the 3.5 in fit the center and rear just fine though... Not like there are clearance problems to have to worry about any way...

Old 01-14-2011, 10:29 PM
New User

copaz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you still have any?
Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Postmaster

I don't have any right now, but can get some easy enough... PM me if you want some and we can get details worked out.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Elder User

thechief66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.thechief66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
From FoMoCo, the front bolts list for $21.04, the middle ones $16.50, and the rear ones $16.50...each! Multiply that out & you get $98.08 for 6 bolts-ouch!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechief66 View Post
From FoMoCo, the front bolts list for $21.04, the middle ones $16.50, and the rear ones $16.50...each! Multiply that out & you get $98.08 for 6 bolts-ouch!
Exactly... And that is where they list... Not what ford sells them for. I can't usually mail out grade 5 carriage bolts with washers and locknuts for $20ish depending on shipping.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechief66 View Post

or you can pay $43.50 for the stock bolts from a site sponsor ford dealer and have them mailed to you in 1 week.

i never tried the carrage bolts, so i don't know how they work

Old 01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
or you can pay $43.50 for the stock bolts from a site sponsor ford dealer and have them mailed to you in 1 week.

I think that is still pretty expensive for 6 bed bolds... but then again i didn't know that someone was making aftermarket stock style bed bolts... who is making them???? link please?????

Old 01-18-2011, 04:14 PM

double post.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstueve View Post
I think that is still pretty expensive for 6 bed bolds... but then again i didn't know that someone was making aftermarket stock style bed bolts... who is making them???? link please?????
that price was for 6 bolts and 8 nuts. the nuts come 4 to a package.

direct from ford parts dept.

www.partsguyed.com

Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Elder User

thechief66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.thechief66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post

If they sold all 6 of 'em to you for $43.50, they lost money...
Old 01-18-2011, 04:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1988, 1996, bed, bolt, bolts, f150, f250, ford, oem, photos, series, size, steering, superduty, truck, trucks, wheel