Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Posting Guru

Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.
Question How much HP and Torque do I have?

Whats up everybody!

I was talking to a buddy that just picked up a 6.4L. He put $30k down!!! Crazy guy. But That's beside the point. He was talking about what kind of HP his truck came with stock and it got me wondering what I had. My mods are listed in my signature but just to sum it up this is what I've done.

E99 7.3L F-250 PSD:

.6637 Filter
.Custom intake box
.Zoodad mod (w/ custom air ram tube)
.4" turbo back exhaust (all welded)
.AIH delete (jk, E99's dont have them)
.Wicked wheel (came with it ha)

And a bunch of other mods that wouldnt affect HP and Torque.

Does anybody have about the same truck with the same mods that has done a run on a DYNO ? If so, how much HP and how many FT-Pounds are you pushing. Anything helps!

Thanks.

Bryce - Big BS'er #7
The Green Machine
Not So Early 99' 7.3L F-250 PSD_471hp / 1024 tq ! Mods:35-12.5-18 Cooper Muds_Moto Metal 18"s_3" 4" Lift_4" Turbo Back Exhaust_Turbonetics_Rosewood Stage II SS 160/100s_Terminator T500_6637 AIS_JWVB_HPX_NVK4 PCM_Cales Tunes_Autometer Cobalt Gauges
Old 09-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Master of Strokes

weekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud ofweekendwarriorfsw32 has much to be proud of
Are you talking to the ground or to the crank?
Nick PAA#9
08 F-450 KR 6.4 Elite Race Trans, Elite 71mm turbo/ 59mm VGT, ARP, RDP I/C Boots, 5.5 Icon lift, 22.5 AF wheels, OUO traction bars, Alradco Radiator
04 X 6.0 Barter Stage 3 68mm vgt, 190/75's, T-500, Alradco I/C, 05 axle with 4 link and King Coilovers
01 X 7.3 38R, 238/80's, RDP I/C boots, Full fuel system, ARP studs, Comp 910's, T-500
Old 09-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Posting Guru

farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.
Intake and exhaust don't net that much HP, just helps the engine breath and keep EGTs down.

On my truck setup very similar, but with a chip from DI, I dyno'ed 280hp, 6xxtq.

I think '99's are rated at 235hp at the flywheel, but my valve cover says 250hp. Take about 80% of that for rwhp.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Postmaster

03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.03_PSD has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't know the stock hp numbers, but it's not going to be much more than that.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Hit it!

Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ChrisMPorras
From what I've read over the years, the '99's were spec'd out at 235HP and 500ft/lbs of torque - not sure if the e99's were the same as the 99.5's. They topped out at 250hp/525ft/lbs at the end of production in 2003. With your mods, you are probably still within the stock #'s.
2002 F350 XLT, 7.3L CC 4x4, SRW, Autometer Ultralites, DP TUNER, BTS Trans, 6.0 tranny cooler, F650 dash, AIS w/zoodad, Warn Hubs, 4" MBRP exhaust, '08 rear end cover, Foil Delete, Heated Tow Mirrors, AIH Delete, Homemade CCV mod., Bilsteins.
The Silver Bullitt PAA# 24
Old 09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Post Fiend

ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
235HP and 500ft/lbs at the fly wheel for the early bird..subtract 20% for drive train loss
up grade to a 99.5 turbo and HPOP you will be at the 99.5 HP level..

for some reason my early 99's sticker on my VC says engine build date of 1/98 rated at 250 HP/ 525 FTLB TQ... im a little over that now..
Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,SRP 1.1 for oil,H-11 stud's,"NEW" alliant 315/200 hybrids, all supplied by unlimited diesel..shimmed 910's, DI push rod's, Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401 ..tuned by Gearhead..

1988 F250 7,3 IDI with 112k-bone stock plow truck..
Old 09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Posting Guru

farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.farmb0y has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron's power stroke View Post
for some reason my early 99's sticker on my VC says engine build date of 1/98 rated at 250 HP/ 525 FTLB TQ... im a little over that now..
My truck is the same, wonder if they were just saying 235, but really 250??
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Posting Guru

Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.Spool&Go has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks guys. So I can say about 250HP & 500 ft-lb. Sounds good to me. I know turbos are spendy. How much are the 99.5 turbos? And If I am spending money on replacing the turbo, shouldn't I upgrade more than that? I plan on getting the DP tuner here pretty soon along with gauges. How much HP increase did those of you who have it get after putting it in? And if I wanted to upgrade the turbo after the tuner, what should I get?

Also, how much are HPOPs? Will I feel any difference? Should I make sure to get one of these before the DP?

Thanks.

Bryce - Big BS'er #7
The Green Machine
Not So Early 99' 7.3L F-250 PSD_471hp / 1024 tq ! Mods:35-12.5-18 Cooper Muds_Moto Metal 18"s_3" 4" Lift_4" Turbo Back Exhaust_Turbonetics_Rosewood Stage II SS 160/100s_Terminator T500_6637 AIS_JWVB_HPX_NVK4 PCM_Cales Tunes_Autometer Cobalt Gauges
Old 09-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmb0y View Post
My truck is the same, wonder if they were just saying 235, but really 250??
I have read where Ford put the wrong stickers on the early trucks. I don't know how true that is, but I did read it. Every where else you read, it says 235 hp.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Postmaster

rat49f6 is a splendid one to beholdrat49f6 is a splendid one to beholdrat49f6 is a splendid one to beholdrat49f6 is a splendid one to beholdrat49f6 is a splendid one to beholdrat49f6 is a splendid one to behold
Jim Jam Sanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool&Go View Post
Thanks guys. So I can say about 250HP & 500 ft-lb. Sounds good to me. I know turbos are spendy. How much are the 99.5 turbos? And If I am spending money on replacing the turbo, shouldn't I upgrade more than that? I plan on getting the DP tuner here pretty soon along with gauges. How much HP increase did those of you who have it get after putting it in? And if I wanted to upgrade the turbo after the tuner, what should I get?

Also, how much are HPOPs? Will I feel any difference? Should I make sure to get one of these before the DP?

Thanks.
in order to change to late model turbo you need some other things
the most convient way is to get ahold of clay
Riffraff Diesel: Early/Late Conversion Kit

about $1100 and ur into a late model 99 set up
the biget advantage is being able to upgrade to a 38r or a like turbo

also used hpops can be had for about $200 you will need one from a late 99 - 03
Old 09-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Posting Guru

oh dang! 11 hundo? Is the late 99 set up that much better? So you are saying that Just the set up to get me to the point where I can put a bigger turbo on is $1100? or is that the set up with the late 99 turbo.

I see that clay's deal is for about $800. Is that an aftermarket turbo included? or is that the late 99 turbo? How much better would this be than my e99 stock turbo?

And in that case I'm looking for an HPOP.... Anyone?!
question still stands- should I get the hpop before the DP?

Bryce - Big BS'er #7
The Green Machine
Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Quote:
oh dang! 11 hundo? Is the late 99 set up that much better? So you are saying that Just the set up to get me to the point where I can put a bigger turbo on is $1100? or is that the set up with the late 99 turbo.

I see that clay's deal is for about $800. Is that an aftermarket turbo included? or is that the late 99 turbo? How much better would this be than my e99 stock turbo?

And in that case I'm looking for an HPOP.... Anyone?!
question still stands- should I get the hpop before the DP?
It would be best to do all the work that you will do to the truck before the DP. If you don't, you will be sending it back and forth to have it reburned with the F5. If you get the F6, you can get the tunes e-mailed to you.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Posting Guru

I'm going to get the F6 with gauges here pretty soon. Within the next couple months guarenteed.

Bryce - Big BS'er #7
The Green Machine
Old 09-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Post Fiend

ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
Quote:

Thanks.
up pipes, plenums,pedistal and turbo i got from a member here for 600 bucks..he had just bought the H2E kit...found a HPOP in the classifieds for 150 and i was the seconed or third one to own the moded 17 pump when Joey started doing that..corse i had to send it back for a little more adjusting on it..i sold my early 99 set up for 500 to another member on another site....

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_feed View Post
I have read where Ford put the wrong stickers on the early trucks. I don't know how true that is, but I did read it. Every where else you read, it says 235 hp.
i have read that too..must be some truth to it....
Early 99 7.3 F350 auto,TN T-4 mount with a s467 for air,SRP 1.1 for oil,H-11 stud's,"NEW" alliant 315/200 hybrids, all supplied by unlimited diesel..shimmed 910's, DI push rod's, Driven diesel fuel system with a fuel lab 41401 ..tuned by Gearhead..

1988 F250 7,3 IDI with 112k-bone stock plow truck..
Hit it!

Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
ChrisMPorras
If you get a chance to see the physical differences between the intake plenums, spider, etc from an e99 to a later setup, you will notice why the upgrade has its benefits. Lisa (Smokin') still had her e99 stuff when we had our GTG last month and I had a chance to see the parts first hand and compare to the later model parts.
2002 F350 XLT, 7.3L CC 4x4, SRW, Autometer Ultralites, DP TUNER, BTS Trans, 6.0 tranny cooler, F650 dash, AIS w/zoodad, Warn Hubs, 4" MBRP exhaust, '08 rear end cover, Foil Delete, Heated Tow Mirrors, AIH Delete, Homemade CCV mod., Bilsteins.
The Silver Bullitt PAA# 24

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1999, 2003, 500, 73, add, d66, diesel, dp, early, ford, give, hp, pmr, powerstroke, torque, tuner, tuners, van