Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Junior User

RUN4CVR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My 58 F100 project

I bought this 58 F100 on the 4th of July and thought I would show some of the progress let me know what you think
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Senior User

telefunkken is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow you ain't playin around, i'm diggin the build, looks outstanding so far, keep sendin.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Junior User

old58 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, looking good. I love that body style, and have a 58 stepside that I have owned since 1976. Great trucks, great job.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
You kicking butt. Good work

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 09-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Junior User

Thanks heres the engine 2002 Navigator 5.4 with a Sullivan carb intake
Also the wheels are just for rolling I will be using somthing else as soon I can get the body back on to figure the right back spacing
Thanks again
Jeff
Old 09-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Senior User

2losteve is starting off with a positive reputation.
2losteve 2losteve 2losteve
Grreat progress on a fitting project.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Posting Guru

Walston has a good reputation on FTE.Walston has a good reputation on FTE.Walston has a good reputation on FTE.
Great looking truck and GREAT progress! Keep us posted.

http://bigjohnstractor.com/
Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Posting Guru

59flatbedford is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow you are much more ambitious than me on my project. looks like very clean work and should be an awesome truck.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Postmaster

Corner Gas is a splendid one to beholdCorner Gas is a splendid one to beholdCorner Gas is a splendid one to beholdCorner Gas is a splendid one to beholdCorner Gas is a splendid one to beholdCorner Gas is a splendid one to behold
Wow!! you are doing fantastic. That looks great.
1966 Mercury F500 Still working hard
1950 F68 Flatdeck
Old 09-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Elder User

Tomget is starting off with a positive reputation.
Run4cvr

Wow you got a pro build going on!! nice Love your rotisory with the frame etc. I'm pleased to see someone could get the "huge" cab off the frame.
I've got a 58 too. Style side. Same as yours except I've got the Custom with the big rear window. I actually left the cab on the frame and tilted it up and supported it from either the front or rear depending and worked around the thing etc. Wasn't set up to get that big thing off by myself. My way worked fine but really like how you did it too.

I'm wild about that Navigator motor. I'm curious your going with a carb? All good. Just surprised. You dont' want the computer stuff?

What tranny are you using? I really like your chassis and the 4 bar rear suspension/all. Really a good setup. What is that differential. I can't always id them from a photo. Sometimes yes/sometimes no.

My 58 is pretty modded too but I kept the front I beam. And I'm happy with that, but i can't attain the low/useable ride height that you'll be able to get. My front is a little higher than I like. Not terribly so, but I'm already using the mono front springs and and test fitted a set of the reverse eye monos but there was just not enough suspension travel remaining for my liking. So i didnt' use the reverse eye monos. They'd be good for "cruisin low and slow" but even though my truck isn't for hauling loads etc, it still needs some "suspension" up front.

Check my gallery for some photos of the build.

Goodluck fellow "4 headlight guy", and maybe you know but if you don't --when it comes time to wire your headlights the only 4 headlight relay I found available is the NAPA Echlin part #AR703 (also a #V07240-don't know what that number is? but its also on the box). And that relay still works great.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Junior User

Thanks for the comments I'm using a C-4 with a JW bellhousing and flex plate
And when I picked the cab up I used the bat that in the first cab pic that goes from the hood hinges with a cherry picker and my brother and I picked up the back corners so my wife could roll the chassis out the back then set it down on the blocks at the cab mounts
The rearend is out of a 2000 Ford explorer 8.8 with disc brakes 3.73 gears and 31 spline axles
I got an American auto wire Highway 22 harness for it so I can add to it as I get futher
down the road adding stuff like A/C power windows some day just trying to get it running first
I just ordered a 69 Mustang 20 gal fuel tank to put between the rails at the rear of the frame
well back to work
Thanks again
Jeff
Old 09-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Junior User

Here are some more update pictures got th firewall all cleaned and painted with DP90 primer I might just leave it this way I think it looks good and it won't see the sun much to fade it
also I didnt paint it with brushes under the truck those are from doing POR15 on the bottom of the cab and it looks like I need to replace the front cab braces
so I just ordered those
Thanks for the comments
Jeff

Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Elder User

Tomget is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow your cab/doors/even the glass rubber/and especially the wing windows etal looks in great shape for the beginning of a project. Was it all OEM and just kept out of the weather? Or did someone clean it up earlier in its life?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Just a thought but from my experience the primer on the fire wall will suck up oil and grim and be impossible to keep clean. It prolly aint the same primer I used. But something ya can polish I found made the engine compartment look finished. Not tellin ya what to do, just telling ya what I went through. Kinda a heads up cuz I ended up redoing mine and after it is together and haveing to pull in engine to do it right made me think I should say something Bud.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 09-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Junior User

Thanks for the info I will check into it some more
also the rear glass and the wing windows still say FOMOCO
on them I cant find it on the side windows or windshield.
were those marked as well?
The wing are bubbling in the glass but I will leave them for a while
as it adds some of the vintage to it
I'm also leaving the faded paint for now I just did the chassis
to make it ride and drive better and look lower
Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-13-2010, 10:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
58, f100, ford, header, options, project, sale, size, stock, tire, truck, vin, wall, wheels, white