Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
you in dallas by chance? if so you may be local to me if you need more help.
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:01 PM
New User

scotiadallas is starting off with a positive reputation.
Like a charm.

Hi All,

I followed Cheezit's instructions today.

The fuel cooler rad was 2 X 10mm - easy to access and the rad came off easily. Like Cheezit suggested, I laid it down on it's side between the bumper and the charge air cooler. It slid down there perfectly.

I popped off the lid on the degas chamber and immediately started hearing a glug, glug, glug sound. I'm assuming that was the air and liquid moving around/settling.

I took of the fuel cooler hose and the glugging continued. I back filled at this hose but it only took about 100ml. After about 1 minute, the glugging sound subsided and everything was quiet. I filled the degas chamber and it took more than I expected. I filled it near the top, so I could see it through the sight glass window. I suspect that is too much but I noticed an overflow tube so I figure everything will work itself out.

I buttoned everything back up, started the truck and volia!, everything sounds good. I ran the truck for about 15 minutes and still everything was perfectly quiet.

I am packing the truck in the next hour to leave for Boston (7hr drive) so I'm hoping everything is good. I suspect that it is.

THANKS CHEEZIT! The time you took to post instructions saved me a good deal of money and stress. I had to take this trip and was worried I would be stranded roadside if that pump when while traveling.

I hope this post help others in the future.

If it starts squealing again I'll update this thread.

THANKS!

D
Old 06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
New User

Ontario, Canada.

I'm in Ontario, from Nova Scotia but my name is Dallas.

All this = scotiadallas

: )

D
Old 06-15-2011, 04:03 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Great outcome!

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
sweet very good to hear.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:28 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
sweet very good to hear.
In Boston now. It's purring like a kitten. Cheezit's fix worked.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Postmaster

StanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to beholdStanleyZ is a splendid one to behold
Cheezit, you are the man. nice job.

GONE NOW:2008 DRW CC deleted and tuned. Bullet proofed motor and built transmission, totaled by a drunk old woman. I miss it. 2001 F250 4X4, loaded with stuff and a great truck but my big 5er was just too much to handle for her.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:08 PM
New User

jlshakes is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyZ View Post
Cheezit, you are the man. nice job.
I just came upon this thread while trying to diagnose the squeal described above. Advice was spot on. Thanks for the help. Just joined up today. Hope i can be of help to someone else in future. One thing i add though, mine was pretty empty so i had to actually fill the main tube a little at a time and blow it through to get all the air out .once bubbles stopped, i put it back together and all good. Might even be able to do it without taking off cooler. Just pour in a little at a time and blow into tube to force bubbles out. Again thanks for info
Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 PM
New User

Wow, glad to see my efforts in posting helped someone else. Cheezit is responsible, I'm just thanking him by posting and paying it forward - so are you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlshakes View Post
I just came upon this thread while trying to diagnose the squeal described above. Advice was spot on. Thanks for the help. Just joined up today. Hope i can be of help to someone else in future. One thing i add though, mine was pretty empty so i had to actually fill the main tube a little at a time and blow it through to get all the air out .once bubbles stopped, i put it back together and all good. Might even be able to do it without taking off cooler. Just pour in a little at a time and blow into tube to force bubbles out. Again thanks for info
Old 02-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Post Fiend

Always happy yo help
Old 02-05-2014, 09:06 PM